German gunners to accurate!

A Lunatic

Just got this game a few days ago and I love it and I finished the Polish campaign with no problem. So, I started the French campaign and got through the first 2 missions fine and the 3rd mission looks great fun so I start it up (on medium) and with in the first minute both my gun crews a taken out so I put more men on them and they get killed and the guns are destroyed instantly. The german tank gunners are still on the edge of the map! I tried it again on easy and the exact same thing happened! I moved up my tanks and they actually get to take out a few tanks but the either get taken out or run out of ammo! Can someone please give me some pointers here?

Couldnt say for sure what the problem is, but it sounds like your AT guns are probably sitting in clear view of the enemy armor?

might be a good idea to see if there is anywhere you can put your AT guns so they are not in direct line of fire... try getting down to ground level to check out the options eg. are there any ridge lines etc to give your AT guns some dead ground to hide in?

Sorry I cant help more, its been a while since I played the French Campaign, and I cant quite visualise which mission this one is

It is Dunquirk (sp?) where you have to defend against wave after wave of german tanks and infantry and I just cant do it! And I have tried moving my AT guns but no matter where they are they get taken out very quickly and I dont bother re-manning them because they will get taken out again and I need the infantry.

The thing i do in this kind of situation is to concentrate all my AT gun and tank on one ennemie tank at a time (hit the pause button and issue attack order on one tank; check the LoS before!) and as soon that either the main gun or the tank itself is destroy move to the next one. You can check if the main gun is destroy by hovering your mouse on ennemie tank and check for the little red gun (machine gun). When you do this you can save your precius AT ammos for the next one.

I hope this help. Good luck!

;) :cool: :cool: