SdKfz 251/10

Oudy

After much hair-pulling and frustration, I finally figured out how to add a SdKfz 251/10 with a 37mm gun. It's all SlapHappy's fault; he made me do it. ;)

The unit looks pretty good and works perfectly in-game. There is a little clipping with the crew, but without major fiddling with animation coordinates, it's good enough for government work.

Here are a couple of pics.

974843-8c2.jpg

974844-010.jpg

I didn't make it. Oudy did. He manipulated the text file contents of the 3dObj and Data folders after unpacking them using Dr. Jones SFS extractor tool. No new mesh parts were created in building this model.

All the modifications can be done in WordPad. No special software is required (other than the extractor program).

I'm still learning how to manipulate the text files properly. smile.gif

rofl

Inside the main TOW directory you create the correct directory structure and copy the changed files there. They will overwrite the originals or add new ones. Delete the files and the modded units are gone. And the 251/22 could be added just like I did the 251/10.

SlapHappy

I hope that someone will figure out the best way to distribute modded units so that people don't have to do it manually.

Here are some updated shots with correct mapping of the skins. :D

First the SdKfz 251/10

984244-84a.jpg

984247-7a8.jpg

And an in-game shot.

984248-fbd.jpg

And finally here's an updated Firefly for the Firefly fans. Note, no clipping in the gun.

983834-b69.jpg

All the best

Oudy

Awesome work :eek: ,

could you also correct the positions for the gunners?

Originally posted by Oudy:

rofl

Inside the main TOW directory you create the correct directory structure and copy the changed files there. They will overwrite the originals or add new ones. Delete the files and the modded units are gone. And the 251/22 could be added just like I did the 251/10.

Works fine,

thanks a lot smile.gif