New Mission - Action at Yanovo, 7 July 1941

Oudy

I have finally uploaded my mission to CMMods.com.

This mission takes place during the German advance on Smolensk. The player has to hold the village of Yanovo against a German attack. I have included a .pdf file in the Document directory that includes historical information about the mission as well as designer notes as to what I was attempting to accomplish. When you read the .pdf, only read the first page until after you have played the mission so you don't get any of the spoilers.

I tried to make the mission as historical as possible given the constraints of TOW and the units included with the game. I had to make one substitution in the German tanks, but that won't have any effect on the mission.

This is my first scripting attempt, and while it has been tested, I cannot guarantee that it is 100% error free. If you find any issues let me know.

I hope you enjoy it...next mission on the list is Guderian's crossing of the Dnepr River.

Oudy

Nice mission Oudy.

Loved the historical background.

The scripting worked fine.

Keep on the good work.

I just can't wait for what mission editor genious out there will do when the patch with the map editor and new maps arrive.

Future for ToW is bright ! :D

Hi Oudy:

I have never been able to get the CMMods.com web master to register me. If you have changed anything in your scenario files from the second version of your scenario you emailed me, would you mind emailing me the newer version of the scenario?

Thanks a bunch.

Jeff

Unfortunatelly, with my damn PC,

i only can play the mission untill the soviet tanks enter the battlefield, then its to slow.

My new PC should be here in a few weeks, then i can play it again :( .

But what i saw in the editor you a did a real great job with the triggers :eek: ,

It's also very nice to learn that stuff because your descriptions inside the triggers.

Thanks a lot smile.gif

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to *bump* this thread because I have replayed this mission and I've probably had the most fun and exciting ToW moment ever. My defences struggling to resist against the german infantry attack, while I could see the 17th Tank division T-34s closing along the road, my forces about to crack as our tanks got closer and started to fire, and at last the Germans retreat leaving me with just a tiny group of exhausted defenders... so immersive!. It's great that in this game you can see beyond the playable area. Seeing those T34s slowly advance along the road far away from the town really made it more exciting as my guys resisted waiting for their arrival.

If anyone hasn't played this mission yet, do it, it's a great mission, with a good design and gameplay.

Thanks to all modders working hard to make this game better and expand its life!.

Thank you very much for your kind words nachinus. It really means a lot. I have been pulling together material for a campaign but have been swamped with work currently. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to it soon.

Oudy

Hi! I tried the mission out and found it great. Very good unit mix and the flow of the action was great too.

A campaign with this style of missions would be worth waiting for. Hope you will be able to get to it at some stage.

Thanks for the mission!

all I know is I put a force of USSR infantry on the hill and won it with only killing the German infantry never saw any armor? What happen?

Also the maxim was not able to hook up with the Willies jeep. I had them on the hill top too.

• 1 month later...

Now i have my new PC and could play your mission :cool:

Played it several times and i love it because the infantrycombat, a nice tankbattle in the background, very good ballancing and scripting and at least it's historical.

I just wish the damn campainges would be like that mission.

Very good work, thanks a lot smile.gif