Put a video on youtube

DeLaVega

I captured a few battle scenes from the Poland missions and put them into a video.

Actually it should be part one of a whole series.

Since youtube has cut the screen frame, sometimes the action takes place out of the picture. :-( But it was my first try to get a few usable moments out of the battles, which, you all know it very well, is not easy without a replay function. :)

Nevertheless I will try to remember the screen limitations in the upcoming parts.

Maybe a few of you can get some entertainment out of it. ...while the others get interested in the game. :)

The next part (France) is already in progress, though the Char B seems to be a little shy and successfully evades the camera lense. What a diva...

For everyone who is interested:

Yes, very cool video. Better than the vids that were released prior to game coming out. smile.gif

I've had the game downloaded since the prerelease was ready but haven't had a chance to play due to my work schedule. This has got me itching to play! Thankfully, this week I'll finally have the time to dig in.

Thank you guys for your comments! Since I`m really unhappy about the "out of picture" events in the video on youtube I focus now on keeping the action in the middle of the screen. :) Hopefully the results in the next video will be better.

Steel Torrent (again - gotta love tanks!)

I lost this on hardest level - Russians had 1 tank left and 1 disbled but still firing tank. I had the disabled Tiger you see at the end. More concentration and I would of won, having out flanked three of the four AI counter attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJhiiCv2JkA

I used a vid capture prog called SNAGIT

All settings max, best quality (which didnt turn out as well as I wanted)

Music DJ Tiesto - Traffic

I still havent got in game sounds to be captured - definitely my hardware issue and not the game.

Over 20 hits - you can see the SU-152 hit makes the whole tank rock on its sprockets. I think a T34/76 took off its track from the side at less than 100m. Not sure who got the coups-de-grace smile.gif

All my Tigers had their guns disabled first, before succumbing to the massed (about 5 smile.gif ) Russian tanks.

- the video has to be recorded by you and you may not use other recordings, explicitely forbidding the use of copyrighted recordings or materials.
rules me out unless DJ Tiesto gives me permission to use his track smile.gif

good luck to everyone who enters - I am looking forward to see the movies.

I really liked the first video - put together properly to make a narrative, not just some game footage lumped together - really good!

Couple of questions though regarding the comp. In the rules it says only ingame footage can be used - but then later down it says no nudity - does that mean there are nude missions in ToW????? More sensible question, the first video linked here uses footage from IL2 and a map that's not from in-game. Is that sort of thing allowable, because according to the rules they don't seem to be - or are the rules more like guidelines? Yarrr!

Have fun

Finn

FinnN, thanks for your comment.

I made the video before the videocontest started. Therefore I put it in a thread I opened.

I think it wouldn`t fit the requirements of the contest. Not only from the map graphics and the IL-2 scenes, but it is also very edited...

And if I understand the rules right this is also not "allowed". Therefore I think the contest also could be named: Show us your most incredible game experience. ;) I think editing is only meant to shorten the video in the contest, not for a dramatic purpose. Unfortunately ...

You may edit the video and use any recordings (or edits) that you created yourself. Just not mix gameplay with some footage from, say, Military Channel. But if you'd want to take a shot of yourself playing, no problem with that.

This isn't the official contest thread, so like DeLaVega says the video isn't a valid entry in the contest.

Martin