Patch status update

Moon

Moon/BillyBob,

Please stop.

This exchange is beneath both of you and this forum.

The game has potential, and the more I play it, the more I realise this, even after intial disappointment.

There are a couple of threads highlighting major areas of required/desired improvement.

If the development team can address most of these, we have a winner.

It may be helpful, once the runnability issues have been addressed for those who have experieicned them, to post a list of proposed items for improvement in the second, larger patch. This way we can all see what will be 'fixed' and what won't.

Russkly

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Russkly:

Moon/BillyBob,

Please stop.

This exchange is beneath both of you and this forum.

The game has potential, and the more I play it, the more I realise this, even after intial disappointment.

There are a couple of threads highlighting major areas of required/desired improvement.

If the development team can address most of these, we have a winner.

It may be helpful, once the runnability issues have been addressed for those who have experieicned them, to post a list of proposed items for improvement in the second, larger patch. This way we can all see what will be 'fixed' and what won't.

Russkly

Fair points. smile.gif

Originally posted by Vergeltung:

I think we need to start up a collection, to send a Nanny to BillyBob's place. that must be one soiled diaper. Apparently, mummy never came back from her "date" :D [/QB]

Atta boy, he's been warned on pain of being banned & you judge now the choiset time to get your blade in.

Quality.

Originally posted by Krull:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vergeltung:

I think we need to start up a collection, to send a Nanny to BillyBob's place. that must be one soiled diaper. Apparently, mummy never came back from her "date" :D

Atta boy, he's been warned on pain of being banned & you judge now the choiset time to get your blade in.

Quality. [/QB]</font>

Originally posted by Moon:

Billybob, I have spent a lot of time on the forum today, and there is a handful of people, perhaps 5-10, which usually keep one-upping themselves in their bashing of the game after hijacking a thread. You belong to this group. If that's your definition of significant, then no, the game will not be patched to the satisfaction of you and those other people.

Martin

since when is bashing the game hikacjing the thread? ever heard of a debate.

Thanks for the info, Moon. Currently, for me, the game is a huge letdown; but that's mostly because I was hoping for CM:BB with purty graphics. Well, I got over that quickly.

But then the AI (or lack thereof) forces me to do so much micromanagement it stops being fun.

I do think the game can be changed so that I'd enjoy it, and it's nice to see that your ambitions are high. Looking forward to the coming patches!

[/qb]

Nothing what you or some of the few other like yourself has to say on these forums has any credibilty at all. It is just an endless tirade of elephant sized whining. Have not seen you put some constructive critisicm in as of yet. [/QB]

Fetid, nobody is disputing that there are not some valid issues raised. In case you missed it, we're working on a first patch already. If there were not valid points to tweak, we wouldn't do that. This is nothing new nor shocking. It took 12 or 13 patches before we considered CMBO finished. Land combat is an extremely complex field to simulate.

The problem others have with the whiners is not the message, but how it's presented. Over and over. It's to the point where the original message is long lost, and has been replaced by the sheer fun of stirring up trouble on the board. At least for a few people. That's the point where we will need to draw a line if it keeps up.

Martin

PS. Oh, and no commercial links please.

Originally posted by Moon:

The problem others have with the whiners is not the message, but how it's presented. Over and over. It's to the point where the original message is long lost, and has been replaced by the sheer fun of stirring up trouble on the board. At least for a few people. That's the point where we will need to draw a line if it keeps up.

And there, conclusively, we have it. Unless you're going to drop back on the word 'others'. Heh, context speaks for itself.......

If you have issues with the the titles lack you are officially a whiner.

Good to see you so obviously break cover & show your true colours Moon. Not that they were in much doubt.

The problem others have with the 'fanbois' is not the message but how it's presented. Over and over. It's to the point where the original message is long lost, and has been replaced by the sheer fun of stirring up trouble on the board. At least for a few people.

Originally posted by Moon:That's the point where we will need to draw a line if it keeps up.
So tow the line or else you'll be gone on the most spurious of pretexts.

What a totally reprehensible way you, as a BFC reperesentative, treat your paying customers.

The game is an obvious ****hole as it is & when that is flagged & the usual 'fanbois' gang-bang the 'dissenters' you choose to side with the 'fanbois' in clear breech of your duty to remain impartial.

You got us all lined up don'tcha.

BillyBob, Chazman, Krull et al. The most vocal of the 'disenters'.

Word up fo yo Moon. We all aint talking 'nonsense'. We be talkin' issues here. Genuine issues which the 'mob' consistently try to beat down.

The 'pro' mob wins because it carries favour. The 'dissenters' get banned for trying to fight their corner. We 'whiners' aint repeating any more 'nonsense' than the 'fanbois' be repeating theirs. 'But might is right' right?

If you, as a moderator on these boards representing BFC, are going to attempt to pull the wool over eveyones eyes to silence the 'whiners' & have it that it's on the up & up you're going to have to try a damn site harder than the current lemon you're rolling out in front of us. (once in a week is enough, please)

You, as a BFC representative, have your point of view & i, as a paying customer, have mine.

Just because they aint the same isn't reason to ban any more than the 'mob' responses/abuse to our message.

If it's been repeated over & over it is because it is in response to the 'fanbois' repeated rebuttals.

Any great imbalance there that you see?

Nah, nor me.

You repeatedly fight your corner as it is challenged as do i.

The fact that we have around 20 or so vocal 'fanbois' sharing the load over the 3 or so 'whiners' not afraid to fight our corner don't much change the respective positions.

Other than the vocal minority risk a ban in the interests of fair discourse.

All i see you advocating here at this time Moon is ugly mob rule.

If we appear to be shouting it is because we are responding.

And i aint even talked about title play issues for a day or more on account of they mostly already be out there.

But if someone wants to come along on the bandwagon calling me a 'whiner' for my point of view then i will respond.

You see the correlation there? 20 - 3? I have to be more vocal, not because i'm in an obscure minority but because you let the 'mob' berate us for our valid comments, talking their **** over & over, yet when we are obliged to respond to fight our corner we are put under sly notice of banning for repeating ours.

And there's any wonder that the dissenters are in the percieved minority??

Tell the/your 'mob' to shut up & we'll do the same.

No need to go on, the faults are out there for all to see & acknowledged.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll just remind you of our relationship here on these boards Moon.

I'm the paying customer. This is the correct forum for me to air my grievences.

You, by dint of your postion, are the company man.

My paid for title doesn't deliver what it promises by a long way & i have a paid for point of view.

I don't give a toss if you don't like my point of view but i do expect you to remain impartial.

Banning myself or the other 2 you have lined up would only serve to highlight how bankrupt these boards would become.

Right along with 1C & BFCs reputation.

Oh stop all the personal attacks already.

Calling this game a turd, crap, or some other negative comment is just as ridiculous as calling it the eighth wonder of the world or the best thing since Mountain Dew. It is your opinion, and while valid, it may not be shared by anyone else. Explain what you like/dislike about it, and be constructive/productive.

The number of people who post on these forums is a tiny fraction of the number of people who preordered the game, and a small number of people who are playing it. Nobody on either side of the debate can with any authority say they are in the majority (excepting Battlefront staff, of course: they have all the numbers). The world doesn't revolve around any of you.

Now, as for the original intent of the post:

Thanks for letting us know about the patches on the way. Improvements and fixes are always welcome, especially if they allow people who can't yet play to finally play.

Thanks for the update Moon. There have been several posts mentioning the perfection of CM and implying it was that way out of the box... the 12-13 patch for CMBO comment is definitely something that the angry posters need to keep in mind.

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Someone has skipped a few too many therapy sessions.

Is that personal abuse directed at me?

Originally posted by Kharnvor:

oh stop all the personal attacks already ..

Thanks Kharnvor but i can handle it. And i don't hold it against Pvt. Ryan

Originally posted by Kharnvor:

Calling this game a turd, crap, or some other negative comment is just as ridiculous as calling it the eighth wonder of the world or the best thing since Mountain Dew. It is your opinion, and while valid, it may not be shared by anyone else. Explain what you like/dislike about it, and be constructive/productive .

As far as i know the issues are now recognised & hopefully all being worked on.