Are my soldiers stupid? Or are they just programmed that way?

spec124

that didn't really answer my question.

chazman has never been mobbed - he just showed up in every thread to complain. just look at his posting history.

i'm pretty sure i'll see a similar pattern in yours if i had the desire to look.

Originally posted by spec124:

Elmar, I selected it the moment I went to target the armored car in the first place.

Cincinatvs, his scout value is zero. What are you saying - this means my soldier is blind? The US sent blind soldiers into the field? It's a wonder we won.

Too much time was spent on the detail of the units and not enough on what the units actually do.

So, use the Mission editor to give scout value to your men and have a look to the manuel about Scout skill: pages 60,61 &65. :D

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by seppDieter:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

Thus in all things, in wisdom, courage, force, knowledge of our own streams, and success, the Dutch have the best of us, and do end the war with victory on their side.

-Samuel Pepys

Originally posted by user73:

And to your profile,what we german some times like to tell the dutch : Nur vier Tage ... smile.gif

OUCH! come on elmar, how can you use that profile when your army could only hold back the germans for 4 days ;)

while your dear belgian neighbours held 18 days with a smaller army, smaller country, against a much larger german force tongue.gif </font>

"chazman has never been mobbed - he just showed up in every thread to complain. just look at his posting history.

i'm pretty sure i'll see a similar pattern in yours if i had the desire to look. "

Better get used to it, because it seems the disgruntled are out numbering the fan boys three to one, and growing every day!

How can anyone defend this game?

Ever play the "defense training" mission?

No matter where you set up your ATguns, behind trees, behind bushes, they are immediately spotted and wiped out, what kind of defensive training is that, all it shows is the game has apparently NO blocked sighting, and you might as well have nothing but desert maps with no trees, bushes, or anything.

I seriously doubt if all the flaws in this game can be patched, and since Battlefront allegedly had nothing to do with the development, just how are THEY going to do it???

What is it with you boys, (very young guys) Kroll, Chazman? I can just picture you either of you ("dude this and dude" "RTS")

Besides the fact that you get on my nerves I'm mean its like high school or first year college -True I probably shouldn't even be here reading your punk posts. But what do you want anyway? Your money back and then you'll not come here to complain about a flawed game you don't like. Well as we all know those things don't happen no store or game/software developer ever gives a refund and besides you'd still want to come here and post in every message that comes up.

I am not a fanboy of this game for sure but you don't see me crying about it all the time- waste of energy. I had even said before it was released that the game was still going to have a lot of bugs and things that we just wouldn't find acceptable and no matter how long they continued to worked on it.

You can either like it for what it is or just move on and accept your loss. Complaining and trying to be "the outsider" is going to do nothing.

If you have any real balls and wanted to stand out and speak your own mind and fight the fools and suckers of the gaming world why don't you just go to the company of heros forum and complain about how unrealistic and ridiculous that game is there is an overwhelming majority who will assure everyone there, at that forum, that you know nothing about realism and tactics or what makes a good world war II video game;or how about gears of war where everyone will tell you the AI is the best-even though they don't have to do a thing but shoot down an alley. Games like these you can't say anything bad about, no one will listen.

[ April 29, 2007, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: FaxisAxis ]

"If you have any real balls and wanted to stand out and speak your own mind and fight the fools and suckers of the gaming world why don't you just go to the company of heros forum and complain about how unrealistic and ridiculous that game is "

First off, I graduated from college in 1981, so I'm hardly some young "dude".

COH, as unrealistic as it is, at least is mildly entertaining, TOW isn't, and since BF touts themselves as the ultra-realistic, non-commercial hype game maker, why did they lend their name to this game?

The ONLY reason I pre-ordered this game is because Battlefront put it's name on it, that's how good their reputation was (and I mean was) to me, no longer though, they are right up there now with EA, Gearbox, and other biggies who put out beta games as the final publications.

Battlefront has sold out thier reputation to make a quick buck.

Whats next, they going to hook up with Steam?

Chazman, I believe you were offered a refund on your purchase.

Did you take that offer up?

If not, why not?

If so, what have you got to complain about, and why are you still here posting ten identical negative comments a day?

Just out of curiosity...

Originally posted by Chazman:

Battlefront has sold out thier reputation to make a quick buck.

Oooor...maybe juuust maybe they are giving other people an opportunity to break into the market when no one else will? Hmmm? I think they have earned the benefit of the doubt.

And maybe make a little money in the mean time. For any organization to survive and grow it HAS to make money.

ToW is a good game. Its not perfect, but it is a good game. And it sure is pretty.

"Chazman, I believe you were offered a refund on your purchase.

Did you take that offer up?"

I must be missing something, I never got an offer of a refund from Battlefront.

"Oooor...maybe juuust maybe they are giving other people an opportunity to break into the market when no one else will? Hmmm? I think they have earned the benefit of the doubt."

Excuse me, give 1C an opportunity to break into the market?? You ever heard of the IL2-Sturmovik flight simulator series??

Better get used to it, because it seems the disgruntled are out numbering the fan boys three to one, and growing every day!

How can anyone defend this game?

Ever play the "defense training" mission?

No matter where you set up your ATguns, behind trees, behind bushes, they are immediately spotted and wiped out, what kind of defensive training is that, all it shows is the game has apparently NO blocked sighting, and you might as well have nothing but desert maps with no trees, bushes, or anything.

Hmm, FWIW, i'm an old school CM player who only finally decided to gave it a rest midway through last year (after what i thought was a long and accomplished career smile.gif ) - ToW was then brought to my attention.

Thinking it was some kind of CM2 or something I quickly downloaded the demo and prepared to order - i'm happy at this stage to hold on to my money however after playing the very mission mentioned here in about 10 minutes of jumping on the forums to figure out where i thought i was going wrong.

I'm not giving up at this point as its a very early days, but what IS up with that mission, and the main single player battle in the demo, AT guns just get smoked very quick...

Chazman, it seems you have a slight dissapointment with ToW :D

Originally posted by HardRock:

I concur. Several times I swithed to a bazooka. As soon as I give a fire order he puts the Bazooka back and brings out the Thompson.

This must be a bug.

I get exactly the same thing happening.

Have fun

Finn

"Chazman, I believe you were offered a refund on your purchase.

Did you take that offer up?"

I must be missing something, I never got an offer of a refund from Battlefront.

You are missing something: HERE

Please take the offer and stop going on and on. We all heard you the first time.