Show me

Capt. Toleran

There are two camps, those who seem to do well with the campaign missions, and those like me, for whom the overwhelming difficulty and stacked odds are ruining the game (and wasting my time).

So, for those who do so well, and love the game so much -- Show us!

C'mon, it'll be fun, and it will help more of us truly enjoy the game.

1st Challenge -- St. Lo. Please do a AAR with screenshots, demonstrating how you won.

Saint Lo on german side was pretty easy I think. The PAK destroyed the enemy tanks at quite far distances.

Saint Lo on the U.S. side, well that`s another story. I think either you have to prone with the infantry over to the german PAK`s and destroy them, or use your artillery/ ground attack assets. The fighters just shoot with MG, therefore you can spend them on the PAK. At least I have never seen them destroying a tank.

So, the two Flak vehicles on the right side I attacked first. Mortar and fighters. Afterwards I took care for the PAK. Without them removed your tanks won`t have a chance. So, put barrages on their positions. And if your own artillery shoots like Mulligan in "Kelly`s Heroes" you have to ...Quickload.

So, don`t be shy in using this method to destroy the PAK. :) What will come next is not less challenging.

I got past Saint Lo pretty easily as the Americans (on Hard). I lost a tank and a scout car immediately to the PAKs, at which point I withdrew all vehicles to a reverse slope in the setup area where they were safe. Next I began to infiltrate the infantry around both sides, and through the center. All of the infantry were prone/hold fire There is a great little central forest that is covered from just about everything, makes a good staging area for the infantry. Next, using forward infantry spotters, I plastered the two large hills with air support. and mortars. Then I plastered the German trenches / guns on the back hill with the artillery. This almost com[letely annihilated their guns. Then the German SP guns showed up. I lined up three bazooka men on a woodline in that central wooded area, and waited for them to approach with 50 meters. Then I let them have it, and also advanced the tanks on line to engage at the same time. Bye bye German tanks. From there on out it was a fairly easy infantry assault supported by Sherman fires (which they excel at). The counter-attacking Tigers and Panthers were dispatched by hiding my tanks behind the very large hill and flanking two M10s around the hills for easy side shots. From there it was simply a mop-up.