Supression?

chanss

I see this too, send a squad in to assault an AT gun (admittedly possibly not the most sensible thing to do) results in a massacre as each infantryman gets picked off one by one by the AT gun without doing any damage that I could see in return. Not sure what the range is, but it's pretty close. I would expect casualties but not a wipeout when the assaulting team is spread out widely.

Have fun

Finn

suppression means: firing in the direction of the enemy with the main intention to scare him (suppress) and making it hard or impossible for him to fire back at you or at other friendly units. this is usefull when you want to allow friendly units to reposition themselves without having the enemy firing at them!

it doesnt seem that suppression is featured in the game, healty soldiers that are being shot at dont feel suppressed.

in CC you could suppress the enemy squads with a single MG42, and reposition your own squads while the enemy was to suppressed to dare firing back...

[ April 24, 2007, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: seppDieter ]

Originally posted by Gpatton:

Maybe 100 meters, and none of the AT gun crew were even injured... The MG fire seems not to disturb the ROF of the ATG.

If you want to take out an AT gun with Infantry, it's no use sending them charging in on a frontal attack! The gun has a shield which most of the crew are protected by. The only way to take out that AT gun with infantry is by being sneaky!

Get down to ground level, see where the cover is, then crawl your infantry to the guns flank, then take it out, works for me! smile.gif

Originally posted by athkatla:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gpatton:

Maybe 100 meters, and none of the AT gun crew were even injured... The MG fire seems not to disturb the ROF of the ATG.

If you want to take out an AT gun with Infantry, it's no use sending them charging in on a frontal attack! The gun has a shield which most of the crew are protected by. The only way to take out that AT gun with infantry is by being sneaky!

Get down to ground level, see where the cover is, then crawl your infantry to the guns flank, then take it out, works for me! smile.gif </font>