***Wacky Collision Pics--fix?***

RuhrRiver

I did more testing of how vehicles cause troops to scatter, even when they have hold orders and are dozens of feet away. The pics below tell the story. What it means is that you can't have troops hold positions anywhere (like 20-40 feet!) near even slow-moving vehicles without the troops scattering, even if they leave cover and are exposed to fire. Try keeping your troops under cover of the tree line in "Last Chance" while your armored cars/trucks advance up the road. Hope the collision coding is tweaked real soon.

2314158460100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

2043703020100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

2167732850100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

2050760760100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

Originally posted by Rak:

I don't see how this is a problem. Do you prefer them to be run over instead?

Rather illogical reply...Do you jump 10m away when walking on the street's pavement and a car come up on the road ? :D

This behavior is correct when enemy vehicles approach, not friendly ones !

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Rak:

I don't see how this is a problem. Do you prefer them to be run over instead?

Rather illogical reply...Do you jump 10m away when walking on the street's pavement and a car come up on the road ? :D

This behavior is correct when enemy vehicles approach, not friendly ones ! </font>

So Rak, if you're behind a tree 20 feet away from the nearest road edge and bullets are whizzing overhead and one of your vehicles goes by--on the road--at about 10 miles an hour, and you can just turn your head and see that it's not headed for you, you would leave your cover and crawl 40 feet into the open???? Are you serious?

The practical effect on play, and the only reason I noticed it in this scenario is because it means that you can't place your troops in cover behind trees on either side of the road (there is no other cover) and then drive vehicles slowly down the road without your troops. all leaving cover. To my mind, that's both unrealistic and a problem

in terms of gameplay.

If that doesn't bother you, if you never want to place troops closer than 40 or 50 feet to any vehicle that might move, no matter how slowly or carefully, more power to you.

This problem needs to be fixed, and should be easy to fix as well. I myself have worked around APCs, tanks etc (in combat, mind you), and I was a HELL of a lot closer to them than some here would want you to think. Given the choice of crawling in the open through enemy fire or staying a friendly armored vehicle, I'd stay near the vehicle, thanks.

As well, I think it COULD be a gameplay problem. Not in every situation, but a situation that immediately comes to mind is clearing a small village, an d troops under fire are alongside the road, and a tank has to be brought up to deal with the problem. The ifnantry would run out of cover as the tank passed. I encounter a situation like that every scenario.

Actually, the reason for this behavior is simple.

The troops know there is a high probability the vehicle will veer off the road to knock down a tree, and so they want to avoid being pinned under the tree.

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

Most army personal are told to get well clear of APCs on the off chance **** hits the fan. An APC will turn you into red blubber while it tries to make a run for it.

Im not sure I see any logic in that post... No offense.

I sure as hell wouldnt crawl away from a APC driving down the road and even If soldiers are underfire The APC and Tanks gives great Cover.

Originally posted by TexRoadkill:

If you notice with enemy troops they get crushed within that same radius. I guess they wanted to make it easier for tanks to crush enemy troops.

ye, i noticed it also

I noticed this enlarged radius myself when trying to manuever two tanks. One was about ten feet off to the side and slightly behind another. When given orders to move forward (both were parallel to each other), the tank would respond that it's path was blocked. Min you, this was while I was trying to escape a Panther firing, so this DOES have a gameplay effect!