Theatre of War RELEASED

Moon

Originally posted by himmelstoss:

this is easily the best tactical ww2 game i have ever played...

the fastest car i have ever driven is a mercedes 220, does that mean its the fastest car in the world?

i assume you never played close combat I,II,III,IV and V...

Originally posted by seppDieter:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by himmelstoss:

this is easily the best tactical ww2 game i have ever played...

the fastest car i have ever driven is a mercedes 220, does that mean its the fastest car in the world?

i assume you never played close combat I,II,III,IV and V... </font>

Meh; same schizzle most places Himmel.

The CC series was excellent for its time & i enjoyed all of them apart from Iron Cross edition which i didn't know existed.

Really looking forward to playing this & seeing how well it compares.

Some on-line action would be good once i get up to speed.

Checking the demo now. :cool:

Any word on how soon until the DVDs are in the mail? I'm in Baghdad and the download speed on my internet connection is like 10 Kbps, at that rate it'll take me 3 days to download. That's if the internet doesn't take a dump somewhere in between like it normally does here.

H&S, not as bad as everyone hears on the news, but it still has it's moments. Krull, I already tried using a program called Internet Download Manager. I've had great success with it in the past, but I think downloading 1.78 Gigs for almost 72 hours was more than it could take. I got 97.78 % of the game downloaded and it crapped out. When I tried to resume it, it tried to start from the beginning and all the huge 1.5 gigs it had gotten the first time vanished.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Codename Panzers One is better than this thing. At least you can enter buildings, use medics, resupply, onboard mortars, off board areoplanes look awesome, from regular bombers to dive bombers. It even has paratroops who drop down during the mission. It has random battles or build your own. Gawd this thing doesn't even come close. If I'm going to play a real time game I'd rather play one with a lot of stuff and more of it. This game is like half finished, doesn't off half of the stuff others do.