Theatre of War RELEASED

Moon

1C and Battlefront.com are thrilled to announce the release of Theatre of War, the highly anticipated World War Two real-time strategy game by the creators of IL-2 Sturmovik and the makers of Combat Mission!

NOTE TO PRE-ORDER CUSTOMERS: Although we did send out announcement emails to you last week, it seems some people never got them. So, if you did not ever receive your email from us, with your license code and download link, just email us at elicense@battlefront.com and we will glady resend that info to you at once!

The game is available in three delivery methods.

Digital Download for $45

Mail Delivery for $45 plus Shipping & Handling

Both Download AND Mail Delivery for $55 plus Shipping & Handling

The DVD's are not yet shipping out from our warehouses but the Download version is available immediately. We expect the DVDs (plus DVD box and printed manual) to be available within the next 7-14 days.

Order THEATRE OF WAR here!

A big thank you to all for your support and patience in the past days!

(rolls up sleeves) Now on to squishing bugs...

Martin

[ April 27, 2007, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Originally posted by Moon:

1C and Battlefront.com are thrilled to announce the release of Theatre of War, the highly anticipated World War Two real-time strategy game by the creators of IL-2 Sturmovik and the makers of Combat Mission!

The game is available in three delivery methods.

Digital Download for $45

Mail Delivery for $45 plus Shipping & Handling

Both Download AND Mail Delivery for $55 plus Shipping & Handling

The DVD's are not yet shipping out from our warehouses but the Download version is available immediately. We expect the DVDs (plus DVD box and printed manual) to be available within the next 7-14 days.

Order THEATRE OF WAR here!

A big thank you to all for your support and patience in the past days!

(rolls up sleeves) Now on to squishing bugs...

Martin

Congratulations on this release! I am sure that it will be total success in the end!

Just got my game dowload up and running.

The best wargame ever, it will be a reference for the following years. And with the continued support battlefront gives to their games, it will became better and better.

Congratulations to Battlefront and 1Ccompany for taking this project to the end.

Can I get a buck off because I don't need the CD or physical manual?

Wait a second...why does it cost more to get both the digital download and the CD, and still have shipping and handling?

Does it cost the company more for the user to download when you have to ship a CD?

Just curious.

[ April 20, 2007, 05:42 AM: Message edited by: crazylegsmurphy ]

No. There is a cost for the download, and there is a cost for the manual. When you order ONE of those, the cost is figured into the $45 price.

If you order BOTH, however, we need to increase the price because now we have the cost for both, download and the printed manual.

Martin

Umm, I don't understand. Didn't I already get the manual in the demo?

As well, maybe I am ignorant, but does it actually cost $45 for a person to download the game? Will you upload a copy to my FTP for free and I can download it for free, then just pay $45 for the license?

I guess I just don't understand why the cost isn't free for the download, and $45 for the license, and then when you get a DVD copy, you get a download free.

Is it legal for someone else to send me the game digitally, and me pay you for a physical DVD? and save some money?

If you just download, there is no shipping&handling.

You only pay shipping&handling when you order one of the options which include shipping hardgoods to you, namely the DVD and printed manual.

If you don't want that and just want the download, then order the download only and you're not paying any S&H.

Martin

No, see I want both, but I don't understand why it's costing me more money simply to download a file. I'm kinda paying more money in both raised cost, and shipping and handling.

It's like I am being "punished" for trying to play the game now, but have a backup.

I mean, why not allow users who buy the physical DVD to download the game for free? I mean why not just let anyone download the game for free...it's totally useless without the license anyway.

I just feel you're taking advantage of me because I want a physical copy of the manual and game, but I also don't want to wait 14 days for it to ship. So as a result I have to pay what might be $70 + for a $45 dollar game after shipping and exchange.

*scratches head* confused.

Bandwidth is not free. If you download, we pay for it. If you were the only person on earth downloading, that wouldn't be a problem, but we have around 1000 downloads going on right now, and that infrastructure costs money. If you want both, you have to pay more because it costs more to deliver it.

Martin

Hmmmm oh.

For the record I pay for it on my end too because I have bandwidth limits on my end.

Maybe throw it up on fileplanet or one of those other free sites? Or like I asked, can someone legally put it in a Torrent file or something, that should take the strain off your server.

If I burn the digital copy to disk when I download it, can I run it like it would if I got the actual CD backup?

I pre-ordered TOW and cannot find anywhere on the site to download it. Please don't tell me I have to order it again. So far I have sent 3 emails concerning this, all with no reply. This is not good enough. I paid my money in good faith and I'm not getting what I paid for, nor any support. Get the lead out Battlefront! :mad:

vorsicht... where did you send the emails to? I didn't see anything. Email me at elicense@battlefront.com with your license key or order information and I will give you the info. The link (and your license key) are shown on the order confirmation page and/or confirmation email, so if you have that, you should be good to go to download.

Martin

Yes. We have contracts for France, Italy and Spain for localized versions, which will be available in the late summer and fall this year. Other countries will probably be added, especially Germany and Oz/NZ, but there is nothing definite yet. North America will probably only be added next year for retail, except possibly for some small indie stores (we like the small indie guys smile.gif )

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

Bandwidth is not free. If you download, we pay for it. If you were the only person on earth downloading, that wouldn't be a problem, but we have around 1000 downloads going on right now, and that infrastructure costs money. If you want both, you have to pay more because it costs more to deliver it.

Martin

No wonder the download capped out at around 50-70 KB/s. Took me like 8 hours to download tongue.gif

Were you downloading just with your browser or with a Download Manager? Due to the size of this file we STRONGLY SUGGEST using a downlaod manager. We even link to several on the download page itself including a new one (FlashGet) which is toally freeware (although the others all have trial versions that work for free too!).

Madmatt

I'm happy to have cut the knot to buy this game. This is what Faces of War should have been. The gameplay / control work well enough and for controls the user-interface can be changed in depth to adapt it to your liking. To navigate on the battlelfield, the camera control has some nice worked-out options. The 'switch' for third person / first person view (and action) during the battle is a wonderfull idea. All this need training however, so there is a rather steep learning curve. It is worth it and the training missions help a lot.

And there is much more to be proud off, like all-over graphics, the total atmosphere (music!) and realism in the gameplay. Example: very nice animations and effects for air support missions. The link with Il2 Sturmovik is there! So thank you. This is a game I will play often and recommend to others.

I think the price for this game (download) is fair enough ($45= 33 euro). As I see it, the people who made and support this game have earned their pay. Intellectual property. And new games overhere always cost 40 - 50 euros.

[ April 23, 2007, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: GWSB ]

man, and i thought i was a complainer!

this is easily the best tactical ww2 game i have ever played and it way exceeds my expectations!

yeah sure there is always something to tweak, but man what a box full of gaming fun!!!

my fav feature: the pause option, lol.

thanks much for this awesome game, its already a classic in my book!

himmelstoss