Post Your Ratings

stone75

Hi guys,

Thought id just try see how people rate the demo. No long posts just a simple..

G - graphics

S - Sound

U - User interface

P - Gameplay

O - Overall feeling for the game

All marks out of 20

You can even shove a small comment on the end.

For me

G - 17

S - 12

U - 18

P - 18

O - 17

82/100

Looks a little dated now, sounds could be improved. Seems like a great game under the bonnet and by far the best in its class for a long time.

Steve

Guest Panzer Boxb

I would rank gameplay and user interface higher than graphics and sound for a tactical game like this. For an RTS there might be parity but not for this.

G17

S16

U18

P20

O19

The best wargame ever, hard to master but well worth the effort.

Great potencial for future expansions.

I had great expectations for the game, and i dont feel deceived.

Good AI.

The gameplay and realism factors are the strenght of this game. People who enjoys show off state of the art grafics and easy point and click victories against the AI must look elsewhere.

As you can see with my system specs; I had a hard time, the game was just very jerky when I ran the battle, in the training it didnt have a problem. Now I'm just waiting for the full version and I will be building a new High end System.

G -10

S - 7

U - 15

P - 10

O - 20

62/100

All marks out of 20

Looks a little dated now, sounds could be improved. Seems like a great game under the hood and by far the best in a long time.

G-17

S-12

U-18

P-17

O-17

Sound is a bit feeble like IL2 sound engine in general, some things like tanks moving deliberately despite different orders I don't like. Would like to give fire arcs like in the later CC series. Also would like to see more soldiers to duck passively or run away and enemy tanks to back up under well sitting fire - bit more morale showings.

However I have to get into TOW deeper before I can give a fair and final rating.

Here we go:

G - 15

S - 16

U - 18

P - 20

O - 18

86/100

Comments:

G: Vehicles are spot on, and the animations and models for soldiers seems fine for the zoom levels that I generally use. I have no issues with performance. I find the terrain very cartoony though - (a) grass colours aren't terribly believable, quite washed out when zoomed out and too bright when right up close and (B) foliage cover looks very fake - uniform trees, not much in the way of scattered bushes, etc. For me, those are the two things which make the game look dated. I'm guessing if the game maps are moddable at all (a) will be quite easy to fix. (B) should be straight-forward too - providing a range of trees and bush sizes are available for use. I remember when the original CM came out some of the most generally useful mods for improving graphics did exactly the same sort of thing, so I'm hopeful that this will improve soon. I like pretty much everything else - dead farm animals are a nice touch.

S: Not outstanding, but certainly adequate I don't see what the major problem is with them for some people. The dog seems to be attached to the farm which happens to be just where your eyepoint is more part of the scenario, annoying but a nice touch regardless and I quite like it!

U: I found this to be much better than I was expecting, lots of options, clear and well presented graphics. Not had a problem with this so far, but I can see the lack of multiple waypoints could be a big issue and in some circumstances result in an unnecessary click and drag-fest.

P: Excellent, no issues here.

O: Seems to be a great game and a good foundation for future developments. Multiple waypoints and better terrain and I'd be happy to give it a 20.

I am still waiting for a game that combines strategy and rts in the way that 'close combat: a bridge too far' did (none of the rest of the series managed it). Maybe this one will one day!

Just one last comment - the manual is great, much better than the usual for a game these days. One thing I'd like to have seen more of would be tips on handling various situations and combinations of equipment. The online walkthroughs are exactly what I mean, and I'd love to see more of these - ideally integrated into the manual, even if it's as a PDF only appendix.

Have fun

Finn

G - 10 (superb feeling)

S - 2 (NES come´s to mind )

U - 15 (It works great but lacks some features)

P - 12 (Hard to judge after 1 real mission)

O - 16 (I love the BIG maps and intense gameplay)

Great demo but i still like CM more but that game/games have been modded for some years to get really good, so i hope this game will get a good modding community.

G - 6

S - 5

U - 9 multiplayer 2

P - 3

O - 3

I've been playing sim and strat games all my life and i must say this game is hard to like. I was hoping this game would beat the likes of COH but thus far this game is how can i put it? outdated, ok the grafix are ok but the game play is lacking in terms of control or any feeling of real command is just not there. The infintry always seem to be out in the open no place to hide and their AI is bad it's like taking lambs to the slauter. The multiplayer option is so dated ie ip only..and how the hell does one logon to MP lobby.

I've been watching this game for years and i must say my bubbles been burst. Of course I will continue to play it and i hope it will grow on me

but i doubt it. I guess 1C should stick to what the are best at and thats flight sims which Il2 series are by far the best sims ever. I guess this game came 10 years too late. I know i will be flamed for these comments but this is one mans view point so far, maybe if i can ever play in multiplay then maybe my view will change alittle.

Originally posted by lark68:

G - 6

S - 5

U - 9 multiplayer 2

P - 3

O - 3

I've been playing sim and strat games all my life and i must say this game is hard to like. I was hoping this game would beat the likes of COH but thus far this game is how can i put it? outdated, ok the grafix are ok but the game play is lacking in terms of control or any feeling of real command is just not there. The infintry always seem to be out in the open no place to hide and their AI is bad it's like taking lambs to the slauter. The multiplayer option is so dated ie ip only..and how the hell does one logon to MP lobby.

I've been watching this game for years and i must say my bubbles been burst. Of course I will continue to play it and i hope it will grow on me

but i doubt it. I guess 1C should stick to what the are best at and thats flight sims which Il2 series are by far the best sims ever. I guess this game came 10 years too late. I know i will be flamed for these comments but this is one mans view point so far, maybe if i can ever play in multiplay then maybe my view will change alittle.

Exactly my feelings towards this game - it just has no immersion for me, everything feels more artificial and severely limited than the more crude looking CMBB/CMAK.

Sorry I wasted $45 on this.....

Hey, I thought this was the Rating thread, not the Ranting thread!

G 17

S 14

U 17

P 17

O 17

Total = 82

For what it's worth, I'm enjoying this game more than I thought I would - it needs some tweaks here and there, and needs some getting used to as well - it's not supposed to be CM and it's not trying to be COH - I think it's cornered a nice niche of its own, and I look forward to exploring more of it.

Well done all round I'd say.

G 12

S 5

U 10

P 3

O 3

Tries hard. But for me, VERY disappointing.

I believe this game would have been more acceptable by many if it had been released 5 or more years ago. I accept that it's a small dev' teams creation and all kudos to them but it seems that the world of computer game play moves so fast that unless you can somehow keep up you will be lost in the myriad. All in all a very dated looking game, and poor command interface unfortunately drawfed in a world of superior graphics and Yes, gameplay. Still maybe it will mod well? Just my opinion of course.

[ April 20, 2007, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Ghost1 ]

G - 12

S - 4

U - 10

P - 12

O - 10

48/100

Just not impressed, the game feels very unpolished and unfinished. Compared to the combat mission games it lacks in so many areas save for graphics. The "RPG" elements are a nice touch but useless in a practical sense. They work in smaller games like Soldiers:HoWWII or Faces of War but the size of the battles is too large to worry about the veterancy of a particular rifleman. The AI is reminiscent of RTSs from the early 90s, everything has to be completely babysat or else it will do something stupid and dangerous and end up dead. If it was something other than software I'd return it.

How long until shock force?

Originally posted by lark68:

The infantry always seem to be out in the open no place to hide and their AI is bad it's like taking lambs to the slaughter.

Not flaming you, but if the infantry are out in the open, then that's your fault. smile.gif Move them and put them into cover, if you want them to stay in that position press the Hold Position button, if you want them to move try moving them behind cover, crawl if you have to, but if you have to move them in open ground, get them to run like hell via the Double Quick button and have another squad provide covering fire.

I have played the game for a few hours now, and am finding that the more patience you have and use of the ground level camera position enables you to make better decisions about how and where to move your units. This way of playing may not suit everyone but it is ideal for me, I like to take my time, last night I played one mission in the Allies campaign that took me nearly two hours to complete.