Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Windows 2000 display problems...

Zan

I was about to buy the game after reading all the rave reviews, but then I decided I better download the demo first.

It starts up fine, but when I get to the actual play screen, the screen is full of wide diagonal colored lines - from the top left corner of the screen to the units. I am not talking about the normal movement and targeting lines. I can barely see the men or any of the playing field. It looks like my video card is not properly displaying the 3D effects. I play everything from Rogue Spear to Myth under Windows 2000. Never had a problem before. I tried all of the different video resolution options the game offered.

Any ideas? My video card is an ATI Rage 128 GL AGP. And I am running a PIII 650 with 128 RAM and Windows 2000. I also installed DirectX 8. No luck. Or is this a known issue that will be resolved in the full game?

What version of the ATI driver do you have ? I've seen some strange things with the ATI driver provided by Microsoft in Win2K with some of the Rage 128s.

For the latest rev. of the driver try this site (though it is being very slow at the moment):

Rage3D (drivers are in the upper right hand corner - select the correct chipset and OS):

http://www.rage3d.com/

If that site is too hard to get to, then try Reactorcritical:

Reactorcritical (go to Rage 128 section and get driver version 5.13.01.207 dated March 23rd):

http://www.reactorcritical.com/download.shtml