Isn't it "later" enough?

Vern_S

Originally posted by KeBrAnTo:

Valgua wrote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Sure, but don't make statements that seem objective when in fact they are not. You said that the pre-release was the only point in pre-ordering. That's simply not true: you save 10$ as well. If the so called "lead" was the only reason you preordered and you were not interested in the boxed version + dl then it's you own business. Certainly it was not a good deal but you have yourself to blame.

I think all my statements were made from my personal thought how was the deal working for me and what where the main advantages to preorder for me, just for me.

Anyway, the whole point FOR ME is, yes I'm interested in the boxed version, I paid for it, and that's why I thought the best deal FOR ME was the chance of getting it before this boxed version arrives at home by post, but now, I'm not that sure I'll have it downloaded before the game arrives by post, that's all.

It will depend on how servers work and how overloaded they are when all the people is trying to download a 2 Gig file at the same time, and that counting it won't fail cause if it does I would like know where the good deal FOR ME is cause as far as I know the download link only works once.

Anyway, there's no point to keep discussing about this because we will know soon what happens and time will say who was speaking the truth, and If I'm wrong I don't have any problem posting it here. Honestly, I really hope I can prove me wrong.

Regards, </font>

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tankibanki is correct, you can download more than once. IIRC the limit is 5 downloads. However, there should be no need to download more than once if you use a download manager which supports "resume". Our server does, so even if you lose connection you can restart it without having to re-download the entire thing again. The download page has links to some of the download managers we recommend (all of them offer free versions)

Martin

@devildog0514

Just depends how much bandwith they share to each connection. Many servers will not go over the 300kb p/s then it will take a lot longer then when i can download at full speed like 1.7mb p/s then it will take me only 30 mins at top.

I havent heard anything about the max bandwith.

Moon or Mattmatt can you check how much the bandwith is?????

tnx

I downloaded 1gb files at 300-400kbs, and it only took 45 minutes, or so. So, at 300kbs, I imagine for Cable users in the US at least, at worst (300kbs), it shouldn't take much over 2 hours. Looking forward to a good week: ToW comes out, my orders to the SWAT team should by out on Tuesday (Crossed fingers for that one!), I go on vacation on the 20th, & turn a well-aged 38 next week. Goodtimes ahead. The one spoiler thus far was "Whirlwind over Vietnam." Fairly dissappointing :(

Originally posted by crazyman56:

i have used download estimators they say it will take me 15hours is this true?

Not usually, at least from my experience.

Once the digital download is available and you've started downloading, a quick check of your download speed is a better indicator of how long it will take (assuming the speed remains constant).

There are also bandwidth speed test sites available on the net which you may use to get a rough estimation of your general bandwidth speed.

Originally posted by Scipio:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by graetwulff:

can you put an link up so i can dl one of those managers, can not find the page you are talking about

Primary beings (Firefox user) can install the DownThemAll-Plugin. https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/201 </font>

I'm one of the many who's been monitoring the progress of this game over the past few months (and longer). Salivating like a dog who's starving for the past few weeks I saw the "deal" with the pre-order:

</font>

• A chance to download the game before anyone else</font>
  • A boxed version arrives in the mail after the option to download</font>
  • And $10 off</font>

First of all, I'm not a fan of pre-orders. I'm not quite sure why I don't like pre-orders. Maybe it's because everytime I go to EB the sales associate tries to cram a pre-order down my throat. Or maybe it's because a pre-order just isn't worth it in my opinion. I pay $45 for a pre-order and get it on the release date and have to drive to pick it up. Or on the release date I just go and pay $45 without a pre-order and walk away with the same thing. I just don't consider a pre-order "worth it".

But I read on this website "the deal". I've watched Battlefront grow since the days of the original Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord (insert senseless plug for a modernized version of that CLASSIC!!!). And said to myself "This is a damn good deal...What the hell...I'm going to pre-order for a change". I will admit that the idea of "getting" the game before the actual release was a factor in my decision but it certainly was not the pivotal point that made me decide to go with a pre-order. I would have loved it had the game been downloadable today or last weekend. It certainly would have helped me get my mind off what I experienced this weekend in losing a fellow police officer in the line-of-duty (http://www.reflector.com/local/content/news/stories/2007/04/15/4_15_07_fatal_wreck.html). But the fact that I can't download the game yet or now it's been announced that we'll get it one day early hasn't stirred my emotions enough compared to what I've seen in some of the posts in these forums.

It's a game people. Plain and simple. I'm sure there will be a gazillion posts when the downloads start (The inevitable "Download speed sucks!" and "I've got the game!!!"). In the meantime I'm enjoying my time with my family, watching movies, and just plain sitting on my lazy butt while I wait for TOW to be released. Last I checked it's April 16. That's 3 days before the official release. That's 72 hours. That's 4,320 minutes. That's 259,200 seconds. Let's start a spam post of how many more seconds or hours there's left before this GAME gets released versus posting in this topic of "I'm pissed off with Battlefront because I don't have my game like I thought I would early".

I'll start off...

258,900 seconds left until TOW is released...

;)

Originally posted by MikoyanPT:

RCMP

It is working fine, i also downloaded from there a while ago.

Just change the language to english in the bottom of the page.

After that you will see inside a green box around the mid of the page the download link.

Thanks your a gent. However I did click on the green box and downloaded a file but it comes up on my desktop as a unrecognizable file. I take it I must find the parent program for fire fox and this is an add-on.

Thanks again for your help..........