Isn't it "later" enough?

Vern_S

As previously stated in the Pre-Order thread:

"As an added incentive to Pre-Order, those customers that use this option will be able to download the game prior to the April 19th release date (exact date to be announced later)."

With the 19th looming on the Horizon, can you at least let us Pre-Order customers know when we can download? :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's today, actually. Since going gold, Matt & Moon been fairly quiet around here. Perhaps they're making sure the servers are up to snuff? Today, the 13th, is well within a week of release, the game has been gold for a few days, it Friday. I hope it will be today, but it is Friday the 13th.

Well, they have not closed out preorders yet. Just checked. I suppose that is a good sign that pre-release is not imminent.

I assume that they will do that before starting the pre-release. Otherwise it would not be a preorder, and would be unfair to those of us who paid out money in advance.

If they are really scrambling (testing their installer, servers, etc), they may not even know themselves yet. Would be nice though if they could simply let us know if it will be over the weekend or not. That way we could go ahead and make other plans.

[ April 13, 2007, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Avwriter ]

My money is on the 16th or 17th at the latest ..

I'm sure the guys are very busy right now making sure everything is up to snuff. Relax, take the wife out to dinner (which I'm doing tonight), play with the kids or grandkids (which i'm doing right now) ..because ..if you don't ..and this thing hits the servers monday or tuesday it could have a negative impact on your life. Make it all ok now so you can jump in with both feet come monday or tuesday.

Regards,

Gunz

Hi guys,

don't get your hopes up too high for the weekend. We said that pre-orders would be able to grab the game a bit earlier than the official release day, but not that it would be a week earlier. What kind of pre-order would that be, if you could order and download right away anyway?

With our last launch I believe pre-orders were open about a day earlier, so that's the timeframe you should use as guidance for your expectations.

We're going to release a new video later today, this time, due to "frequent requests" ;) one taken with in-game sounds turned up and music shut off. "Sights and Sounds" should be ready later tonight.

Martin

Originally posted by longbore:

We'll I wont be pre ordering again that's for certain. I get a '24' hour lead on the new game... LOL. I feel like that 'thing' that the owl chomped on in the Tootsie Roll commercial.

Then don't ..ever again ....Wow, I feel so much cleaner now. :confused:

Regards,

Gunz

I hope the demo is the same day as worldwide release and not the same day as pre-order download :eek: .

People who pre-ordered would not be interested in a demo ..otherwise they wouldn't have pre-ordered. A Demo and pre-order download on the same day could be ..like molten tnt. :mad: :mad:

Regards,

Gunz :D

I just wish companies would use their brains and release things on the weekend. You know that funny old time when people actually dont have to go to work and earn money to survive.

That funny old time when you actually have plenty of spare hours to play computer games, read manuals and not worry about getting up early in the morning.

or maybe I am in the minority and most of you guys dont have go to work weekdays ???

Moon and the rest of the squad don't get weekends off ? I would be willing to bet that they put more hours in on the job on the weekend than most of us would care to admit ..and I doubt they get time and a half or double time for their effort.

Not slammin you franz ..we're all working class here I think ...and that's the way it is. It will all work out.

Regards,

Gunz

Originally posted by flintlock:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by KeBrAnTo:

Never again, for a 24 hours lead it's not worthy, is as simple as that...

...because receiving it 24 hours later and paying approximately 22% more money is a much better deal?

Good call. </font>

Seriously people stop whining, you're getting $10 off which for a PC game is a SIGNIFICANT reduction (22% as someone else said), AND you're getting it a tad bit early. Usually, pre-orders don't give you any kind of advance on receiving the game, and they certainly don't slash the price. Normally, all it means is that you're guaranteed to get a copy quickly (i.e. if the game sells out, you don't have to wait for backorders etc...)

On top of that, you get VERY frequent updates from the development team itself which hardly EVER happens in the pc gaming community.

Normally, I could pass this off as a bunch of immature 13 year-olds, but I know for a fact that a good majority of you are 30+... it's pretty sad :rolleyes:

Great, like I've been saying all along.

Now we can look forward to coming home in the middle of next week after a long hard day at work; clicking the download button and going to bed; waking up the next morning to turn off the computer and going straight to work.

But we'll still save $10 and when that time comes we'll finally have it...for the cost of the average game and probably what it will cost when its finally out in the stores.

Being honest, if I'm ready to pay 45$, I can also pay 55$ for the same product, 10 $ more, 8 € more, what's that, just a shot in a bar ....

Anyway Flintock and other likeminded, you believe for you the advantage is that 10$ discount, though it is an advantage, not the main one for me and others obviously cause 10$ more is not a problem, I just buy a game a year and I can manage ten dollars more, but the fact we were getting the chance of downloading the game before we get it by post and, as promised, a few days before the 19th. Now we found out it seems it will be just the day before MAXIMUM, not serious at all.

It's obvious everyone can do whatever they want with their money, so do not tell me please what I got to do with mine next time, just that ....

please ...

[ April 13, 2007, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: KeBrAnTo ]