Heeeeeelp CMBB doesn`t install correctly !!!!!!!!

Stickel

Okay guys we are still looking into this issue. I dont want things to get too confused here so here is some data.

If the game is fully installed you will have the following folders and file amounts:

5847 files in the "BMP" folder

2324 files in the "WAV" folder

70 files in the "Scenarios" folder

2 files in the "OpenPlay Modules" folder

As a stop gap measure, if you can still run the game, EVEN AFTER A FAILED INSTALL, but dont see any scenarios or folders then email me directly, include your order number (for a BFC order) and I will email you the 1.2 meg file which has all 70 scenarios and operations. That should at least get you up and running while we continue to investigate this problem and how to resolve it.

If you bought the game from CDV or from a retail location in Europe you will need to contact them for support and/or a replacement CD.

Madmatt

[ September 23, 2002, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek: I just got the game this afternoon and after several tries and trying several different ways -- i get to the same point every time wav\00092502 wav error cannot read-- I am in TN/ UsA-- I have a dell 8100 P4 1.5 --256 ram G force vid card 32 meg OS is Windows ME -- never have had even a burp until now of course-- i made a battle with the editor and it seems to play fine but no battles or operations? :eek:

If I bought it in a store i could exchange it..this is a real let down ive been waiting as have many for over a year for this game to be released.....
agreed...i sure hope someone can figure this out...how bout making the scenarios available for d/l i have a dsl connection so its no problem with me....the game does run fine its just that the scenarions and the campaigns are missing

again can we have have the scenarios and operations for d/l

[ September 23, 2002, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: MrNoobie ]

<thump! thump! thump!>

Add another one to the list of those experiencing difficulty installing CMBB.

<thump! thump! thump!>

My system:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-7VRX VIA KT333

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2000

Memory: 256MB Samsung PC-2700 DDRAM

Video: Leadtek GeForce 4 MX-440

Hard Drive: 80GB IBM 7200RPM

DVD/CD: Pioneer 16X DVD 117

<thump! thump! thump!>

The computer is brand-spanking new. I bought it from ABS last month.

<thump! thump! thump!>

The first time I tried to install I received a CRC error.

The second time I received something about unable to read I/O device or somesuch.

Both attempts failed with a WAV file although I don't think it was the same file.

<thump! thump! thump!>

I tried copying the install to the hard drive and received a CRC error near the end. I knew I was in trouble when the "time remaining" went from 10 seconds to 15 then down to 10 then back to 15 then down to 10 where it stayed until the error message popped up. I could hear the drive change speeds when the first countdown change occured.

<thump! thump! thump!>

First install:

BMP folder: 782MB 5,847 files

WAV folder: 378MB 2,260 files

Second install:

BMP folder: 782MB 5,847 files

WAV folder: 377MB 2,243 files

In both cases the only other folder in the directory is titled OpenPlay Modules

Please Please Please Please help.

<thump! thump! thump!>

Oh....the thumping?

That would be me bouncing my head off of the table.

<thump! thump! thump!>

Damn hard to type doing that you know.

Cardinal Fang

Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition!!!

Mine just stopped at 94301.wav, same error about a device attached to the system is not functioning.

This is a PC CD ordered from the US.

Dell Dimension 4100 - PIII 866, 384MB ram

CDROM - Samsung SC-148F

I ended up with all the BMP files, both Openplay files, but only 2318 WAVs, and no directory for scenarios.

Am trying to install it on another machine now.

I cannot install at all.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Just experienced the same thing.

I have a defective CD.

When I try to copy the file, run the file, right click the file, or otherwise try to interact with it, my CD runs, and then the light stays solid, and I have a system lock-up that I unfreeze by removing the CD.

A visual inspection shows a stretched 'smudge' under the shiny layer side. It appears to as if the underlayer is melted in someway during the production phase. This pulls to one side, with a rounded triangular shape to it and reaches to about 2/3rds the distance to the outer rim.

I had no problem with CM, no problem with the CMBB demo, and this kind of failure is unique to me.

Win98SE

P-II 350

128 MB RAM

TNT2 Ultra with 64 MB RAM.

Order number:

See your email Matt.

do somefink!

Update:

The 00090000.wav files and beyond are the Polish sound samples so I am not too concerned about those if they dont get installed right now.

It *seems* that everyone that is getting this error is getting it near the end of the Wave file install. This leaves some Polish voices and all the Scenarios uninstalled.

I am emailing the Scenario files to all those that request them as a stop gap measure so people can at least play the game until we can arrange a permanent fix.

It is still not clear if the problem is a CD image one or a WinRar Installer issue. Some people have said that the install will fail on one system yet work on another.

We are working this issue with all our resources and will have more info for you about what we come up with soon!

Madmatt

I am getting the same error right towards the end during the .WAV files. I also noticed a deformity on the CD that someone else mentioned, like a u-shaped mark coming out from the center, plus the little divot along the edge.

It's the BFC version but I don't have my order number. I don't think my system specs are really necessary at this point since it seems to be pretty generalized and random.

Maybe I should just return it for a refund because I'm not practiced in the art of copying such and such files to such and such directory, etc. I always worry that I'll miss something or put something in the wrong place.

I was really looking forward to playing this game. It wasn't cheap either, and to have this happen really pisses me off. I don't think we should have to go through all kinds of manual copying of files just to play it. I hope to see this resolved quickly or else I will have to return it, and if I do I won't be buying another game from you ever again.

[ September 23, 2002, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Bam65 ]

Bam65,

Please try to be patient with us. Matt's suggestions for copying files, etc., are only workarounds to give immediate help. Hopefully these techniques can get at least some people up and running while we work out a better and more permanent solution. And we are working on that right now.

Charles

Just got CMBB and it APPEARS (knock on wood) that my disk installed properly. (I made sure to disable Norton Anti-Virus before doing the install)...

From physically looking at my disk, there appears to be no visible flaws...

My guess is that there are a batch of defective disks floating around.

Selected parts Originally posted by CJMello:

Never saw a setup.exe on the CD. Just the CMBB Installer program. It stated in the maual to click on the setup.exe but stated nothing about the installer.exe. I realize things change from the final version and the manual sometimes.

Nothing was written to the registery so nothing will show up in Start|Programs or in the Add\Remove programs areas.

Thanks in advance.

I wish to echo CJMello. I have everything and the game runs, but shouldn't CMBB show up in Add/Remove programs?????

***** I've added this so it won't get forgotten during all of the efforts to correct a more serious problem.

[ September 23, 2002, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: Le Tondu ]

5847 files in the "BMP" folder

2324 files in the "WAV" folder

70 files in the "Scenarios" folder

2 files in the "OpenPlay Modules" folder

Matt, I have:

BMP = 5847

WAV = 2174

No SCN files but I had them sent to me by another member of this forum.

2 files in the "OpenPlay Modules" folder both named TCPIP.dll and TCPIP.lib.

Obviously missing WAV files and the disk does look a little screwed up. Looking at it again I see the water drop-like mark at the edge and the weird colored wavy rings around the center. Looks like a splash of gas in a puddle of water.

Originally posted by Wilhammer:

A visual inspection shows a stretched 'smudge' under the shiny layer side. It appears to as if the underlayer is melted in someway during the production phase. This pulls to one side, with a rounded triangular shape to it and reaches to about 2/3rds the distance to the outer rim.

Same thing here. I didn't notice it before.

Perhaps this is the culprit?

Have Comfy Chair. Will Travel.

Tried it all, 4 different CD drives, copy to HD, copy the CD using CloneCD or EZCD 5.0

When viewed in Explorer, the name of the file shows, the volume label is Cmbb, but the WinRAR icon is missing. When trying to read it, it eventaully falls to a Blue Screen telling me my CD might be dirty, and asking if I want esc or continue to try.

CloneCD failed completely.

EZCD got to the last 12% and falied due to buffer under run.

Install attempt resulted in each case to CD spinning, screen semi-lock up, and then the Blue Screen.

I am a little dissapointed, but I am secure in knowing that BTS will meet the challenge swiftly.