Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Blue Screen Stop Errors

When attempting to start the game I select the video mode (1024x768, a few seconds later I receive to Blue Screen Stop Errors.

They are:

1) Error: 0E : 0028 : D7FB4BB0

2) Error: 0E : 0028 : D7FB4E0D

After receiving these errors I am dropped back to Windows (ME). Any ideas?

BTW, I have a second computer on my LAN with almost the exact same hardware: MB, RAM, and even Video card. The game runs fine on it. I do have an Intellimouse on the first computer but I'm certain I have the latest drivers for it.

How do you re-install Direct X?

I tried installing Direct X 7.0, but the OS said that my current DX was a later version so no changes were made.

BTW, I dual-boot on the main system w/ Win2k. Win2k can run CM albeit slower.

Also, The CM demo ran just fine in Win ME. I be more than happy to believe that it's just a driver problem, but one that didn't affect the demo??

I believe WindowsME has a slightly newer version of DirectX (7.1) than what is posted at Microsoft's website (7.0a). That's why you're getting the error trying to reinstall DirectX.

You may want to go to Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System > System Tools > run System Information. Go to the Tools menu and run Registry Checker and then possibly run System Restore. I haven't run a Restore myself, so this could be problematic depending on what applications you have installed (it could replace DLLs with the Windows ME default ones).

You say that the CM Demo currently works fine on your WindowsME partition, but that the full version of CM gives you the Blue Screen error ? Is WindowsME on a different partition than Win2K ? What video card and sound card do you have in the system ?

What version of the drivers are you using for your video card ? Are you using the NVidia Reference drivers or some other ones ? I'm not sure if the Full version would tax the video drivers more than the Demo (though there are larger scenarios with more textures, etc.).

Do you know what IRQs your video and sound cards are using ? Are they the same ? Have you updated to the latest Live drivers ?