Theatre of When?

grimtooth

Originally posted by MalcolmX:

Wartime Command

I just found this mixture of the original video clip and yes i follow this game as well since it wos announced.

This video clip brings hope to my mind

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?sid=6098348&pid=561341&tag=prefs;button

I can only dream of the day we see a game of that qualty and game play... :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent post Rune, that is all we have been wanting. A good detailed account of progress and reason for delay.

You know we are all eagerly awaiting to give you wads of cash !

That is all we want in return - for the meantime at least.

Originally posted by Wolfseven:

Wartime Command

Game Features

· Real Time Combat Simulation – Realistic shell ballistics, armor penetration calculations and damage effects coupled with destructible environments, trenches, fortifications and individually tracked weapons, equipment, ammo and vehicles

· 5 Historical Campaigns, each with unique units and equipment – US, UK, Soviet, German, French and Polish

· Over 40 historically accurate campaign missions based on real WWII battles

· Over 30 different maps designed using historical military documents and covering a variety of seasons, weather conditions and environments.

· 5 Single (non-campaign) Battles plus 3 Training scenarios

· Unique Role Playing Elements: soldiers gain experience and new skills as they progress though the campaigns

· Real World Military Tactics: Units fight using authentic tactical formations, realistic battle drills and operating procedures specific to their nationality

· Amazing Freedom of Action: Replace and reinforce gun crews, pick up dropped weapons, capture enemy equipment and even select specific weapons and ammo to use

· Advanced Individual Unit AI: Units intelligently react to changing battle situations and conditions. They will take cover, avoid obstacles and seek to gain the upper hand against their enemies

· Huge assortment of units, uniforms, equipment and vehicles: hundreds of different Dynamic Battlefields;

· Wage war in all four seasons over beautifully rendered landscapes. Watch as trees get knocked over by tanks, vehicles crush men and equipment under their treads, tracers stitch across no mans land and high explosive shells leave huge smoking craters from devastating Air strikes and Artillery Barrages

· State of the art 3D character animation and graphics

· Easy to use order system. Command your troops quickly and efficiently and keep tabs on their individual status with the innovate soldier monitor system

· Multiplayer support (Internet/LAN)

I sure hope that all the newest features there trying to implement will work and not break anything, if it does there's nothing a patch would'nt or could'nt fix....

Stop it already! Man!

It's like dangling a carrot in front of the rabbit, sooner or later the rabbit will get too hungry and chew its arm off. smile.gif

My new computer should be ready this weekend.

I'll be willing to wait in line to do whatever rune asks of me, I'm tired of waiting.

While I can't give you any better date than "when its ready" I can however dangle some goodies for you. We have recently received a new version for testing that includes a great many of the changes we asked for. Cheif amongst them was to get units to actually enagage at realistic ranges as opposed to the artificially limited ones that occur with the Russian version.

So far, things are playing out much more realistically, but that change has meant we need to go through all the battles even closer than ever to make sure play balance is still maintained. Anyone thats ever designed a CM mission knows how time intensive that process can be.

That was only one of many changes implemented but I thought you guys would like at least a small update on where things sit right now.

Madmatt

Thanks, Madmatt! This is exactly the kind of quick update that people have been clamoring for! That wasn't so hard was it? ;)

Seriously, a quick little update like that each week or so would keep a lot of people happy.

Keep us posted. In fact, I would have put this post as a new thread so all of those asking for an update don't miss it.

Originally posted by RabidRabbit:

Thanks, Madmatt! This is exactly the kind of quick update that people have been clamoring for! That wasn't so hard was it? ;)

Seriously, a quick little update like that each week or so would keep a lot of people happy.

Keep us posted. In fact, I would have put this post as a new thread so all of those asking for an update don't miss it.

Spot on Rabbit...

The odd snippet can go along way, and when we hear its because of realism changes, well thats the best news possible. Keep em coming!!!!

[ January 31, 2007, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: theBrit ]

I am hoping to post a more comprehensive "update" type post by the end of this week. Thse things actually take more time to make then you might think, but it's on my "To Do" list as we want you guys to know whats been going on behind the scenes the last few months...Well we want you to know SOME of the stuff... The issue with the sheep was a mistake by all accounts...

Madmatt

Originally posted by grimtooth:

Thanks again Madmatt for the latest update. I really appreciate your personal response.

Same here m8 thanks again Madmatt for the latest update. Personally i have to say i can only speak for my salf and i can say that i appreciate your dedication and your hard work for this community.

Keep it up m8

I can confirm that Matt is telling the truth - developers are hard at work on game improvements. A few days ago they released an open beta patch for russian version. The changelog is HUGE! Many new features there. People are saying that with this patch TOW went from RTS to Wargame.

Here is the link for anyone who reads russian or wants to use Babelfish

http://forums.games.1c.ru/?type=flat&tid=322541&page=1#1789066

Yup, a mission editor was always in the works, its just now we are actively trying to get it ready so we can include it right from the start instead of post release.

By the way, I am right now working on a blog post update that will cover a couple of the newest enhancements to the game that we are seeing and testing. stand by, should be ready in a couple of hours, if not sooner!

Madmatt