Unhandled exception error - New info

Hi,

I have been experiencing the "unhandled exception" as well. It has occurred both when processing turns in PBEM (at address 00482a05)and during TCP/IP play (at address 004829be).

I originally had an "evaluation" copy of WinXP Pro installed and was running the Detonator 30.82 drivers when these problems occurred.

I have one particular saved PBEM that I can not progress with because it gives me the "unhandled exception" error (at address 004829be) after 80% of the turn gets calculated.

Wanting to get to the bottom of this problem, I decided to install a fully valid version of WinXP Home on a new partition and install Service Pack 1 for WinXP. I also installed the latest Detonator driver 40.72.

Using the same hardware but on a completely new OS, I STILL got the same "unhandled exception" error (at address 004829be) when I tried to run the probblem PBEM. My opponent has even regenerated a new PBEM file for me by reloading the PBEM file I had last sent him. Same problem.

WinXP generates an error log file when the "unhandled exception" error occurs (and asks if I would like to send to Microsoft for analysis). Perhaps this might have useful information.

I suspect that the sound and video card/drivers and CPU are involved in this.

My current systems specs are as follows:

WinXP Home (SP1)

AMD Athlon XP 1800

SB Live! Value (latest drivers 5.1.2602.0)

NVidia GeForce4 MX 440 64MB (latest drivers 40.71)

512 DDRAM

Lt Bull

[ October 18, 2002, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: Lt Bull ]