Unofficial Official Leak

rune

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand that as computers game technology advances we are stepping back in detail everytime they release something new.

1. No house entry

2. No smoke

3. No upper vs. lower hull stats

4. No crew MG jamming

5. No motars (yet anyway)

6. No user placed trenches

7. No C&C

BTS.....Are you sure you REALLY want to back this product???

I am jumping the gun a little and I will try the demo but I tell you...Why is this happening???

It may be that the damage model includes more detail than is made available to the player. I can imagine that in the future every variation in armour thickness and quality over the entire vehicle will be modelled, but would you really want all that info in the short description of the vehicle?

Originally posted by Txema:

Is the angle of impact of the shell taken into account in the armor penetration calculations?

I hope it is taken into account, if not a lot of excellent tanks with well sloped armor will be very badly simulated...

Txema

Yes it is taken into account (confirmed on the Russian forum) ;)

Some answers:

1) HMGs have limited ammo. Every weapon has limited ammo according to historical data.

2) Speaking about armor, bottom and top of the hull have proper armament as it was on real tanks, the same with turret and every part of the tank.

Originally posted by Cincinatvs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Txema:

Is the angle of impact of the shell taken into account in the armor penetration calculations?

I hope it is taken into account, if not a lot of excellent tanks with well sloped armor will be very badly simulated...

Txema

Yes it is taken into account (confirmed on the Russian forum) ;) </font>

If I may make a suggestion, please rename some of the units to something more clear and concise. The Hetzer for example has an incredibly unwieldy and confusing name.

Panzer Jaeger 38(t)(PzKpfW 38(t))anti tank SPG on Skoda LT-38 mod 1938 base tells me the same thing thrice and a half times, it's too much.

Naming it: PzJgr 38(t) Hetzer anti tank SPG would suffice.

Originally posted by Daimyo:

As far as I know, "Hetzer" was never an official name for PzJgr 38(t).

The name "Hetzer" was intended for another design, but it was erroneously applied to the Jagdpanzer 38 by the Czechs, and then appeared in strength reports, so it has some validity, in the end.

Originally posted by Fritz of Norway:

hi, I'm new here, and i joined just to be pickey tongue.gif

uhm, the optics on the Tiger was made by Carl Zeist, and....it had a guarantee from Carl Zeist to hit target aimed at up to 1000 meters...that means: 100% probability of a hit/kill on first shot...

Yeah well I joined a few weeks ago not to be picky but I rekon 100% hit probability is utter rubbish.

Sure the optics are great but you need to consider the person using it and also the environment.

Originally posted by Nathan K:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Fritz of Norway:

hi, I'm new here, and i joined just to be pickey tongue.gif

uhm, the optics on the Tiger was made by Carl Zeist, and....it had a guarantee from Carl Zeist to hit target aimed at up to 1000 meters...that means: 100% probability of a hit/kill on first shot...

Yeah well I joined a few weeks ago not to be picky but I rekon 100% hit probability is utter rubbish.

Sure the optics are great but you need to consider the person using it and also the environment. </font>