Pauseable?

Pinetree

Pausing is as simple as hitting the Space key. You can also of course issue orders while paused. Originally this feature was used a lot by the guys who saw the game at the CMvention, but as you play more and get into the flow of the battle, you use it less and less. Mainly because, like I said earlier, this isn't just an RTS with highly condensed action that keeps you out of breath all the time, but because you can (and have to) make real tactical decision in real time in this game without a mission timer breathing down your neck.

Due to some great scripting of reinforcements etc. the game speed actually sort of adjusts to the pace that a player sets himself.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

Due to some great scripting of reinforcements etc. the game speed actually sort of adjusts to the pace that a player sets himself.

That means that the difficulty of a scenario adjusts automatically to whatever the player success is, i.e. the more successful the harder it gets? (Diablo had that).

I guess not but then I don't understand how the reinforcements come into play.

What I mean is that reinforcements (just one example) are not simply tied to a specific mission time (as with CM) and not even to one single event (like reaching an objective and bang, you get reinforcements), but to all of the above and a mix of other factors, e.g. specific units surviving. This creates very balanced scenarios and it the feeling that you are not chasing some artificial game events all the time, but that you are influencing the action. This results in a natural battle flow that I have not yet seen from other RTS games.

Martin