Introducing the Czech Hedgehog

Finally, after much hacking, I've got my modelling skills (whatever they are!) to meet up with DropTeam. I've also finally corrected the name of these objects - so no more Dragon's teeth and say hello to the "Czech Hedgehog".

You can grab an example Mod "Obstacles" which features lots of these Czech Hedgehogs to drop around your objectives. The new trick is that these are destroyable - each one takes about the same as a SensorStation to knock down totally. As each one gets damaged to a specific point, it will change to a more damaged model.

The "Obstacles" mod containing the Czech Hedgehogs

Here's an image showing the new models in a mostly pristine state ...

Czech-mostlyOkay.jpg

... and here's the state after some heavy mortar fire has done its work ...

Czech-mostlyBusted.jpg

Very well done!

Two things:

- a half destroyed hedgehog cannot be hit by projectiles anymore - only by blasts. This happens only if you start with a new one and destroy it. New half destroyed do not show that behaviour. This is probably a bug from DT.

- the rubble model is too high to drive over it (Apollo). This makes it less useful to destroy the hedgehogs. I would suggest to either flatten the whole thing or slope the edges to give the tracks a chance.

And finally another suggestion: you use rather big textures (1024x1024) for a low detail model. 512x512 or even 256x256 wouldn't probably make a visible difference.

And sorry for always being the critic. smile.gif

On the drive-over part, there are four stages.

Normal -> Broken -> Rubble -> Bits.

Bits has no collision model at all, and can be driven over. So you can force holes in the defenses.

I can easily drop the resolution on the textures to something smaller. I'll try 256x256 to see whether it makes them look too texelated.