mine breaching

To contine from the "going gold" thread. Like many others my attack has been stalled by trying to find a hole in mine field for 15 min. And while a cutter could have cleared the way it was too slow or the bots used them up.

Talking with Whiteowl brought back a memory of the good old motor pool and recalled something we had to get through mine fields. So I thought well thats what we need.

I then hacked out the XML and sure enough it works.

What I need now (I just dont have the time before this weekend) is a simple mod of a Apollo, well two mods but there are the same thing just done twice.

OK here is my idea ugly as snot but effective. A good old Apollo plow tank. Little bit slower but digs a good hole. Cannot capture only breach and dig. There were only four of these to battalion (4 out of 44) I would suggest the same sort of limit.

Well ideas? Grips? Improvments?

I think it should keep the 120mm. The slow reload time means you wont get up close and survive with out help and cover.

image.jpg

The M9 can usually take much more damge than an Apollo. I agree with you that the M9 is too slow (and too slim) but I would rather take a Thor chassis with 20mm and a plow as a replacement for the M9. A slow moving Apollo (while plowing) is just HEAT fodder.

Please rush this idea Redcon - It's needed. Even if it's a slower Apollo. It must be faster than the two cycle 5 HP engine in the present cutter.

I can't wait until the cutter's at some Drop Team museum labeled "It's all they had and they did the best they could with it." The sad thing about it is - even the cutter on display will have three huge non-repairable holes in it.

You will be known to me as the "Mod God."

• 2 weeks later...

image.jpg

OK here it is A troop carrier plow tank for all your base assaulting needs. Shown here in its two blade up, and blade down modes. (One of these years I'll figure out how to texture. That or I 'll just make a blizzard map and call it whiteout camo :D )

It is just the MBT-T with plow added on. Poesel by the time you read this it should be in your email smile.gif