Voice Chat does not work

Jalinth

I am running Windows 2000.

I FINALLY got a headset with a mic today. It works fine with Windows sound recorder. I can also hear sound from it coming from the headphones when I speak into it, with the Mic volume high enough.

When I get into DropTeam and Hit 'p' to talk, my teammates can not hear my voice. They also do not see the 'Transmission from SirJalinth' box. I see a little box that says "Transmitting" while I hold down the transmit key. I do not hear my own recorded voice at any point.

I have tried it in a Standalone game as well. I see a "transmitting" box, but do not hear anything. In the standalone game I tried disconnecting from the net and turned off my firewall. This did not help.

I'll give full tech specs if needed. Just need to tell me what to might be relevant.

That you sir. The Log was saying that the "Modem Line in" was being used. This was not what Control Panel was saying, so I disabled the Modem Sound entirly, as it was not being used for anything.

My mic seems to be working now, at least in stand alone games. I suspect the problem is now solved.

Thank you for your help.

[Edit - The Voice chat is working just fine now. I was using it with a couple different people tonight]

[ October 11, 2006, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Jalinth ]