Two players?

phil180

Hi,

I must have misunderstood the licensing.... I thought that one licence key would allow DT to be installed twice, and for both to be used simultaneously.

I've managed to install it twice. But if I try to start a standalone game with the server box ticked (on the first machine), then I can't get the second machine to join to it. The second machine can't create a second username because the system says it's already subscribed, and the first machine (running the server) crashes if I use the same username on both machines.

Help?!

Thanks,

Phil.

I think this is how my account troubles started for me. It would be nice if we could get a little clarification on this?

I did a little more reseach on this and yes, you are supposed to be able to install this on two machines. The agreement reads as desktop & laptop. My interest was with being able to set up a dedicated server for some small LAN sessions, I've been able to do this but the number of arguments seems to affect the degree of succuss I've had - I'm still working through the process so it may just be a training issue.

Furthermore, I do not know what happened to screw up my account with my initial attempt to run two separate install (client\server). My best guess is that I somehow de-synced my account.

The other thing I mentioned earlier was with eLicense. The fix for correcting the display \ access via control panel by stopping\starting the service did not work for me. I had to get the utility and uninstall it to correct the problem.

[ September 15, 2006, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: ZikChil ]

• 1 month later...