Password error with standalone server

Wishkah

Howdy folks,

Tried getting a game going head-to-head today with two computers, my beloved Macbook Pro for me and a Windows XP PC box thing for the other guy. Everything eventually got running smoothly once we got over the usual frustration of setting up the LAN, until time came to join the game being servered on his machine. I tried to connect and got a password error, although when I went onto the real actual Internet it was still accepted fine, as usual. Then I tried running the server and he connecting, and he got the same error.

We're both using my registration code thingie at the moment, which is the only thing I can think of that might be causing the problem... but it shouldn't, right? The idea was that two licenses per copy are available, yeah? Hmm.

Thankee!

Shane

The problem is, indeed, that both of you are using the same account. We are going to allow 2 registrations per product key as discussed here but we have not yet made this change to our account server. In the meantime, until we do make that change, we can give you a 2nd account to use. Send me an email with your product key, current username, and the username and password you want for your 2nd account and I will set it up for you.