Can the Editor be Changed

Mr Cater,

Would it be possible in the future to allow the Editor to change the horizontal length with the vertical height? When you start a map you pick the size but I have 3 ideas for a map but they need the horizontal length to be in the vertical and have the horizontal narrow. I tried making the maps tipping them sideways to fit the Editor but they do not feel or look right as in real life Korea and Viet Nam tend to be more vertical than horizontal. I realize that is just my opinion but I was hoping...

Thank you sir.

If I understand correctly he thinks showing Korea and Vietnam with the north-south axis running left-to-right looks a little weird. It's not about creating the illusion of perspective, it's about whether you put north at the top of the map or on the left.

If I were designing a board game for Vietnam I'd want the NVA/VC player sitting on the west side of the map facing east with the US/ARVN on the east facing west. But for Korea I'd want the North Koreans/Chinese in the north facing south, with the South Koreans/UN in the south facing north.

[ January 10, 2008, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Philippe ]

Mr Cater,

The present Editor limits my height(north/south) to 128 tiles. I was wondering if in the future you could let the editor as an option go the 255 tiles north /south and make the sideways(east/west ) limit be 128 tiles.

I tried useing the 255 tiles from east to west and tipping Korea on its side. But in my opinion it doesn't look right or feel right.

And yes I could do it with 128 tiles but the detail I wanted with the units vs distance/ranges would be better suited to a longer map due to technologies/speeds and such that were available in the 1950's.

And I know you did not make or intend the editor to do this and I will understand if it cannot be done. I figured I would ask in case you ever got bored. :]

Thank you for everything you have done with the SC series.