WaW Editor Problem

I was attempting to modify the standard 1939 Fall Weis map to add the city of Belfast. I can add the city and as expected it has a value of 5. If I add the city as an Industrial Center it has a value of 10, but when a unit is placed there it can be upgraded but not reinforced. MPPs were available, so that was not the problem.

It's hard to imagine that St.John's, Canada and Belfast were remote enough to justify the value of 5. It is also interesting that if you add St. John's as an Industrial Center its value remains as 5, but you can use it to place units from the Production Queue.

I have a save file if that would be of any use.

Hi Ebitt,

Ok it looks like the reinforcement problem has to do with Belfast being on a single tile with no adjacent friendly land tiles... in this case the game engine thinks that the unit is surrounded and thus the reason why it cannot be reinforced beyond 5. I'll see what I can do to perhaps correct this.

For Canada the reason why St. John's is still at 5 is that Canada is a minor without a current connection to a major supply source, i.e. Ottawa is also at 5 so I am guessing that once the US comes on line, i.e. fully activated, the overall supply situation will change accordingly.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

For France, sad but true. I was toying with an early cold war scenario (NATO vs Warsaw Pact) where we still had bases in France. I expect in the late 50's that France would be the unsinkable aircraft carrier that Britain became in the Great Patriotic War smile.gif

[ December 04, 2007, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: ebitt ]