First of all... thank you Mr.Hubert Cater for your excellent work... and many thanks for this special community of wargames players...

Second... I would like a Cold War campaign for WAW... so I am trying to develop a mod in the 1948-1953 time-frame... even if my skills and time are very limited... . I have a few questions/problems, maybe somebody can help me:

1. Even if it sound silly... how can I create a new country..i.e. Eastern Germany?

2. I tried to write a script for a convoy from New York to Brest with Mr.Hawk's editor and I did not succeed...followed all the steps.. but nothing...

3.The name of the alliences can be changed... Warsaw Pact vs. Nato ?

and other questions....

georgebogdan,

I suggest opening the existing campaign you wish to modify via the Editor first and then re-saving it as a new campaign. From there you can edit pretty much everything as desired including the game scripts. An alternative way to edit the scripts is to use Hawk's handy script editor but even so after you do you need to resave using the game Editor in order to re-load the script file changes.

As John mentioned there are a lot of details found in the Editor Help file as well as in the SC2 Blitzkrieg User Manual.

Good luck!

Hubert

2. I tried to write a script for a convoy from New York to Brest with Mr.Hawk's editor and I did not succeed...followed all the steps.. but nothing...
I beleive that a country can only have one convoy script active at any time, but I have no idea how it chooses which one to activate. The script may be fine but just not active.

Mr Hubert Cater.. thank you very much for your help... I begun to work at that Cold War campaign using Mr Hawk's editor and writing, saving, resaving from the WaW Editor.. everything is going fine sir...I am writing the purchasing scripts... do I need to write a script for each soviet minor..i.e. Czechoslovakia, Poland, Romania...or the major power USSR will buy units from its own pool and from the minor's?

ebitt.. thank you ... do you know something about cold war ...modern ... sprites for SC2..?I founded on cmmods a scenario named "2010 the russian are coming"... and I tried to import the sprites from there (excellent work by the way!)but somehow when I open the new campaign file every sprite but the planes are dissapearing...

Originally posted by georgebogdan:

I founded on cmmods a scenario named "2010 the russian are coming"... and I tried to import the sprites from there (excellent work by the way!)but somehow when I open the new campaign file every sprite but the planes are dissapearing...

Thank you! smile.gif

Originally posted by georgebogdan:

but somehow when I open the new campaign file every sprite but the planes are dissapearing...

Could you be more specific with what you have done and what happened? This sounds exceptionally odd, as all of the sprites should show, or all of them shouldn't. When I designed those sprites the bitmap file was formatted for the original SC 2. Are you using that file in WaW?

Yes ... I want to use those files with waw. What I did was to copy from the bitmaps folder of that scenario the bmp.files with unit_ in their names and pasted into a new bitmaps folder in WAW/campaigns...and in localization.txt change to 1 the bitmaps thing.... probably I did something wrong or incomplete.... anyway great work with that scenario... such a pity we don't have a Cold War scenario with modern sprites, events, crisis, well no nukes... I am trying and the Hawk editor is great but it takes me a lot of time... which unfortunately I don't have...

Thanks again for your help!

I have done a lot of work on Cold War / modern war scenarios, including World War Three and Fulda Gap scenarios, but unfortunetly they were all put on indefinite hold until some game mechanics are changed.

As for the unit bitmaps, the problem may be that the bitmaps files dimensions have changed from SC 2 to WaW. In SC 2, the unit_sprites_3d file was 2618 x 1704 pixels. In WaW, the bitmap is now 3465 x 1704, due to some new units added.

As an aside, if you look on cmmods, I have some modern sprites packs uploaded, and I also have more on my computer that I never uploaded, esp. for different countries. Send me an email with what you need, I may have already made it.

When Winter Break starts, I can help you out more, but until then I have finals to worry about.

Wow! finally somebody interested in this project... man. Thank you for explaining my failure with the modern sprites... I'll look into cmmods to see what I will find but probably will find just SC2 sprites...

For now I am struggling with the scripts... I wish I was more smart smile.gif ... I'll deal with the sprites later...

When you have the winter break maybe you will consider starting again a cold war project.. and I'll be more than happy to show you my work so.. maybe teaming together will move the things ahead... Thank you again...

• 3 weeks later...

First off, WaW has solved many of those problems... it is just that since it has come out, I haven't had the time to develop any mods.

The primary obstacle I have encountered is the effective ranges of modern aircraft contrasted against a 25 tile limit for movement and strike range. This will necessarily limit the scope of any campaign unless it will be a very small map, or you are willing to just ignore the modern ranges of aircraft.