What will the expansion mean for these mods?

I absolutely love the Thraw Mod and another unit counter mod (cannot remember who is the creator, sorry) and cannot bear the idea of the expansion rendering these unplayable. Can you tell me if they will be obsolete and need to be updated? Does anyone know of the unit counter mod I am speaking of? Any ideas or information would be most welcome, cheers!

Thrawn Mod: "I think it's terrific too!",...i play it regularily!.

Remember that Movie [12 O'Clock High] starring 'Gregory Peck' as the Bomb-Group-Commander,... he had a collection of twisted undesirable's/misfit's who were disrupting the other Bomber-Crew's,...so he removed them from the other Bomber's and put them into a single B17 Bomber called...the "Leper Colony". Here!, they could either work together and survive, or 'Misfit-Away'...and rid the Bomber-Group of their unwanted presence!.

You!!!,... 'Marcus the smiling leper'!,... wouldn't be a member of the "Leper Colony",...would you???.

Agent Smith, yours is indeed the mod I speak of. Brilliant work, it really is well done. I beg of you to please update for the expansion. Do you have any plans to re-do the horrid, counters for CEAW? I really do not like sprites, but with CEAW I have found I cannot bear to look at those god-awful counters. The good news is for both World In Flames and Advanced Tactics your beautiful work will not be needed as both of those counters appear to be very pleasing to the eyes and with the right amount of information. Again, great mod, keep up the good work.

Thanks Marcus,

I'm waiting for the 1st CEAW patch before I mod the counters. There is also some issues with alpha map masks etc. that complicate the process, but I couldn't agree more, they are rather simplistic. Have you downloaded the 'old style' map for CEAW? absolutely brilliant. (what kills the game for me at the moment is the 1024x768 resolution; a little fuzzy). aside from that, fun to play.

The MWIF counters look awesome, (I'm not so convinced about Advanced Tactics however, not enough info on the counter, but made up for by the info bar.)

The best unit counters on any game I have played are in Anglo German Warfare, beautiful game, but has a pathetic A.I. and an impenetrable scenario editor. A real shame.

I started a map mod, (terrain and resources) for SC2, in the theme of tactics 2 and some of the old avalon hill games, but the SC2 patch has put that project 'on ice'; plus I was not happy with the mountain contours....

I will need to update the counters at some stage, as I have noticed that the allied minor flags do not quite sit proportionally in the HQ unit.

Thanks for the feedback, any comments or thoughts about improving colours or using camouflage patterns is welcome.

I have downloaded a map mod for CEAW which I believe is the mod you are alluding to, and yes it is very well done. You are also correct on both the MWIF counters and the Advanced Tactics counters, with the later I do believe that the info bar makes these a nice change of pace. Aaah, AGW, what to say, what to say. Never have I wanted to embrace a game more and never have I actually tried harder to like a game, but even with the horrible AI, I could never come to grips with the really, really clunky, user-unfriendly interface. My vote for best counters is a toss up between what you have done for SC2 and TOAW 3's. Both are elegant, functional and beautiful. I look forward to any and all of your future work, thank you for your efforts.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Blashy:

Well Kuni you now have anti tank guns, tac bombers, 2 strike tanks, artillery, etc... and tons of new features in the editor.

I think you'll find it hard to resist updating your mod.

:cool: so you think I will update it Blashy?

Well to be honest I think most new units definately got a place in a divisioned sized scenario. But Im more uncertain about the larger scale scenarios if one are to keep it as realistic as possible.