Waterloo 1.1 version out now!

Get it at cmmods.com

The battle is now even more historical and intense, with even more critical decisions to be made. Victory conditions have been changed, a draw is no longer possible ;)

Version 1.1 Changes smile.gif

Victory conditions have been changed;

* Both sides will win a decisive victory if they hold La Belle Alliance and Mont st Jean before the battle ends. This victory condition symbolizes the complete rout of the enemy.

* France will win a tactical victory if they hold all 5 victory objectives La Belle Alliance, Plancenoit, Hougoumont, La Haie Sainte, Papelotte at the end of battle. That is all of the french and british victory objectives except Mont st Jean. This victory condition symbolizes a french victory at Waterloo - but with allied resistance not completly broken the outcome of the war is uncertain.

* The allies will win a strategic victory if they manage to hold on to Mont st Jean and at least one of the other victory objectives La Belle Alliance, Plancenoit, Hougoumont, La Haie Sainte, Papelotte at the end of the battle. This victory condition symbolizes Napoleon’s failure to crush the allies at Waterloo - and as a result will eventually lead to him losing the war.

- Blucher now arrives with strength 5 instead of 10

- Fixed a bug with the arrival of Grouchy. It should now work properly – there are 5% chance each turn that Grouchy’s french forces show up at Hubermont after turn 14.

- Adjacent penalty now 1 instead of 0

- Prussian starting position moved west to make them join the action on historical time.

- French La Marck regiment deleted.

- English units at Hougoumont-woods, Papelotte, La Haie, La Haye Sainte now entrenched. That was unfortunately over-looked in the 1.0 version.

- City of Braine l’Alleud now included on the far british right. That means Aubreme’s and Detmer’s brigades arrive at the start instead of turn 16.

- Base now give 50 and objectives and village 10 Morale points each.

- Entrenchment changed to 4 for forrests, 1 for crests and 8 for village, base, objectives and farms. This will hopefully increase the british defensive capability.

- England starts with an initial morale points base so they can rally on the first turn.

- Cavalry brigades now got infantry defence 2 instead of 3.

- Regular brigades have the cavalry defence value increased from 1 to 2.

- Frischermont now controlled by the the british at start.

- New England leaders: de Perponcher, rate 3 and experience 3 added to the british left flank. He was the 2nd Belgian-Dutch infantry division commander. Reason to bring him in is to have the historical commmander on the english flank instead of players moving out Picton HQ from the center.

- French Guyot(4) HQ deleted. He was not a Corps commander or similar.

- All units with experience 0 now given 1 to reduce the impact of experience.

GOOD LUCK GENERAL

Anyone up for a game? PBEM or TCP/IP smile.gif

Cool, I'd love to play a rematch, doesnt matter what side.

Things are way tougher for France now. More entrenchments, stronger prussians, slightly less effective cavalry and no draw possible anymore.

Im very pleased with the new victory conditions. They really get the essence out of the battle and give the player the historical choices. Fighting will be desperate as no draw are possible anymore, now players not only have to chose what sector to attack on, but also if they should go for that knock out blow or play defensively. This include France too.

Originally posted by Blashy:

This mod needs to be looked at by anyone who enjoys SC2.

You can play the whole mod in less than 2 hours. Even vs. the AI it is fun.

This is the main reason I like to play the smaller scenarios (And why I tend to make smaller ones too ;p)

This is a great mod... one which I enjoy playing immensely!

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by seigneurtrente:

Hi,

I download your Waterloo file but i still haven't understand how to use it. If i copy it into the campaign folder, i'm unable to see any waterloo game since i am in the game... Can you help ?

Thanks a lot

Do you have SC2 version 1.06?

Do the campaignfile end with .cgn?

Sure you copied everything into the Campaign directory, both campaign file and folder should go there.

• 1 month later...

I've finally had a chance to give this a go and I've been surprised at how well it works! smile.gif

I must confess that I was a bit sceptical at first when I saw that a Waterloo mod had been created, but now I'm thinking that it would be good to see more Napoleonic scenarios, possibly some 19th century colonial scenarios too.

Very nice mod, plays much better than many of the SC2 WWII smaller scale games including the ones that come with the strategic game. This feels right.

Is there any way of stopping units being rallied above their original level - seems a bit much of an enhancement for small units?

Yes, but some forwards allied units start at very low strengths, eg 4, and can be rallied to 10. These were small units that were unlikely to be enhanced or reinforced that much. This distorts the game as they are often at very high levels of entrenchment and rallying in this way makes them almost unbeatable.