movement distances in Thrawn

Thrawn European Theater Version 2

Not sure how to check that in the editor. I'll keep looking.

[later] Ok, I looked in the 'edit combat target data' and you did indeed up the action points. So I apologize.

I'm enjoying your mod. Thanks.

[ January 30, 2007, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: gwgardner ]

I enjoy your game very much as well 'Thrawn!' , at least the player in your game has time to develop the game...and has a real chance to accomplish the tasks/objective's that were accomplished historically!.

Im playing European Theatre 2, & overall...it's very good for me anyway!, however German Supplies seem a little overly restricted and the Russian's seem to be a little too numerous.

Those are just 1942 mid-year observation's,...so i haven't yet had the chance to see this particular game to it's conclusion yet,...and so can't say for sure whether my Observation's to this point really have any merit!.

The balance issue is tricky. It used to be a problem that Germany had to good supply in Russia. Now when they lose units they cant buy them bak at a reduced cost. Im currently playing a game with a friend where i control the allies we are in late july 1941. I made 2 defensive strongpoints: 1 near smolensk (between the 2 rivers and citeis) consisting og amries and a few corps and 2 near Rostov where i concentrated all 5 fighters and 5 armour + lots of motorised corps, because i knew he would try to sever the Caucasus. The resulting battle of Rostov caught him by surprise and he lost several units there before retreating back, includin a HQ and 3 panzers (1 italian). I lost many units as well, but those can all be bought back at a reduced cost wheras his cant, since they were ranging from 0-4 supply. I dont know how the game will go in the long run, the axis are still powerful with 5-6 Rockets tech 3 and 7-8 fighters tech 2,3. So i really cant say yet. What i can say though is that this mod truly gives me the feeling of epic struggle in the east. There are so much ground to cover for both sides, intelligence and reconnaissance are paramount to operations, which is truly great. Also the battle for the Atlantic is very interesting and frustrating when you try to outsmart the wolfpacks and run into screening German cruisers.

Another thing, Thrawn you live in Germany right? I myself in Copenhagen Denmark. I was wondering if we should try out your mod some time?

Ok just finished my game. Allies won in August 1942. Even though the USSR was on the brink of collapse, the landing of nearly 40 British and US ground units in Western Europe not to mention total air superiority in the theater by 11 tech 3-4 fighters, simply broke the back of the Axis. Next time im going to play Axis. I think the key to axis victory in this mod is a successful Sealion, otherwise the Axis will simply be swarmed by too many units by the time the Allies are ready for D-day. Also the current supply situation in the east makes it nearly impossible to conquer all of Russia. So one needs to think defensively there until the Allied landings in the west have been thwarted. Because you will definately need all of your heavy waepons there. anyways fantastic game, we had some epuc battles in the east involving anywhere form 30-50 units when it got real hot. So its early to talk of balance for me yet i will tell you in full once ive tried the Axis!