Can you create a new type of terrain?

One of the big problems faced by the Wermacht was the lack of paved roads in Russia.

It would be nice if we could have a terrain "Clear with No Roads". Movement allong this terrain would be slower, and supply would not go very far, but otherwise it would be clear.

Some tiles of Russia would be "Clear with Roads" or regular "clear" for example the "road from Warsaw to Minsk to Smolensk to Moscow; but most of Russia would be "Clear with no Roads".

I would have as "Clear with Roads" only the tiles along which the main railroad lines ran during WWII.

I believe this would allow for a much more realistic representation of the War in Russia.

This can be done by modifying the present terrain types.

The Depression terrain type is totally unnecessary, as pure Neutral land has the same effect as a depression space. Thus, you have a terrain slot available in place of depression.

Also, highways/roads are possible; check out my Fortress America mod if you need bitmaps to use.

What do you guys think about adding a rough/hill terrain? This would be appropriate for much of the UK where you cannot really call any of their high ground...mountains. It would be somewhere between mountain and clear effect wise?

Do you have something like this in your inventory ND?

I have added jungle (same effects as marsh+forest) as well as minor cities (both Western and Middle Eastern).

Already did Honch, check out my Fortress America mod, I have a rough/hill terrain. It is between clear and mountain in characterictics.

My 1984 World War Three mod will also be using it. I will be using your latest map as a base fot it, so if you wanna wait for the map to be finished you can use my copy.