Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

crazy graphics...problem

I haven't heard of this particular problem before.

So at some point during the game some of your textures get swapped out inappropriately ? In the case of your bunker you're saying that a couple of the sides change from the standard concrete bitmap to one of barbwire or roof tiles ? Does this happen as soon as you launch the scenario and pan around or does it happen later on while playing the scenario ? Does this only happen to certain objects and/or in only certain scenarios ?

I assume that you're using v. 1.12 of CM. Do you have any Mods loaded up or are these all default bitmaps ? What video card and what version of the drivers do you have installed ? Do you have problems playing any games other than CM ?

I saw something similar to what you are describing when I was using a Voodoo3 2000 and playing All Or Nothing. I never reported it because the whiteout problem would cause me to stop playing that scenario anyway and I eventually bought a V5 and since have not played that scenario.

From what I remember of it, terrain tiles would swap images when I was in view 3 and panning around. The tile that I saw replacing the current terrain was a huge crater image (looked like a 240mm) that would show up in a grid pattern. One after another in rows and columns all next to each other. If i kept panning, some of the tiles would swap back to their original tile while the ones next to it would show the crater tile. I know it sounds hard to believe but it happened. I saw this a few times and would always reboot as the game would become very slow IIRC. I was running Win2000 AS at the time (still am). This may have been before the first Service Pack and Directx 8. Seems like it may have been around Oct/Nov of last year. I could have seen other bitmaps swapping out but mainly remember the crater grids.