SC2_ClassicWargame_Mod

A mod that gives definitivly to SC2 the appearance of a classical wargame (like SC1 version).

May be used only with 2D counters.

Many modifications for terrains, tiles, counter units,grid, etc...

It is beta version.

I have to modify a little problem with trees (blank points, and others little things,etc...)

The work took many time because I had Eyes problems. After solution of this problem, I modded a time World at War, and then, great return to SC2... tongue.gif

Download the mod

Captures :

capture1my7.jpg

[ November 09, 2006, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: fantomas ]

Yes, but my heart bleeds :( when I think of all players who do not buy game because they prefer the appearance of classic wargame (in Europe, many players prefer "NATO" pawns and hex-grid, and they do not buy SC2 because of that). It is for them that I make this mod, because I am good... :D:D

Thanks tongue.gif

Due to the fact the icons are yours (Taken in SC1 game directory and "extra" directory, You may take the mod for include it in a patch as you want, for players who prefer the "classical wargame look" for the play).

I will adjust some littles details and errors and then, it will be finished.

I will not be able to realize all scripts and scenarios I wanted do, because I am limited in time "PC Game screen" (eyes problem). So, I will just play with the work of others !!! :D

Hello ! The files are in 3 part on my page (see below, in my signature). The mod's name is : "SC2_Classic_Wargame" (at the end of page). You must download the 3 winrar files (Part 1, 2 and 3). The counters are worked about original 2D counters (I have no longer other old "2D isometric" counters : they did no work with the 3D map).

I am working for complete this mod and then, I will work on my Falklands mod again, and after this, I will try to realize a AMERICAN CIVIL WAR EAST THEATER with great map.

But I have to work very slow, and take care because of old eyes ;)

I tried to do , but my files were refused because they were "winrar" files and not zip (winzip) files. The problemn with Winzip is that this program "takes" all association files on my PC when I install it and it is not very easy to work with winzip and winrar installed on the same PC.

Other problem : when you want to uninstall winzip, you receive a message that says to you that all your zip files will be suppressed (this problem does not exist with Winrar).

In general, I think that using winrar is more easy. I used winzip before to discover winrar, but I would no return to winzip.

If winrar files would be accepted on CMMOD, I would with pleasure send my mod files tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Updated on my personal page the

"SC2-2D_Classic_wargame_mod"

(Please, see the link in my signature)

Little mistakes were rectified and moutains and forest made bigger.

Except errors players would indicate, the mod is complete : players who prefer classical wargames may use it. All my future mods and scenarios will use this graphical system. ;)

Fantomas, I just want to thank you once again for your fantastic SC Classic mod.

I have really tried to get into SC2 with the standard look, but the squares just turned me off so much. For me, it's really hard to get a good feel for all of the angles of attack using the squares.

But, your use of the octagon, and the way you somehow skew the map (I'm not sure exactly what it is about that) has brought back the same love I felt for SC1.

This past week, I finally started a game in SC2 using your mod. And it was just like SC1 all over again. Just one more turn...until I look up and it is midnight and I have to go to work in the morning!

Anyway, with Hubert's 1.05a patch and your great mod, I finally have a game that is better than SC1.

Thanks so much!

Jamey

Happy to know that! ;) I had the same opinion and it is for that reason that I made work. But it is not ended : I prepare a new version, which will give to the game an aspect " 3D isometric " of classical wargame and will allow to be used for scenarios of battles to operational level (Verdun, Dien Bien Phu, the Marne 1914, D-Day, etc.).

Image here:

newsvq5.jpg

The grid will consist in special octognes and may be turned off/on. The different types of terrain will be in isometric wiev, like wargames as "East Front" and "West Front. There will be 4 terrains classes + roads with influence in supply and movement (I have founded a little tip for having roads without sacrify one class of terrain, as it was needed in old time). tongue.gif

With this new isometric system, players see more easely the global aspect of a region and may organize their stratgy with the geographical situation, as they played on a real map with abstracted symbols, as a real general ;)

[ December 05, 2006, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: fantomas ]

Just modified the "Terrain_sprites" files :

terrainspritesjh3.png

(Please, note that work is not finished, and this kind of 3D graph are just for "continental operational mods-scenarios" like VERDUN 1914, Dien Bien Phu 1954,etc...). I prepar a second version, that will be adapted for all geographical situations and for strategic scenarios (Indochina-Vietnam 1954-1975, Falklands War, Middle-East wars,etc...) ;)

In fact, at end, it will be 3 graph systems :

1° : My classic wargame mod, for "great strategic scale "scenarios or mod : WWII,WWI,Napoleonic europa,Roman empire,etc...

2° : The complete "false 3D system" with 2 braun level, for operational scenarios or mods( Verduns 1914, Dien Bien Phu 54, Sedan 1940, Sicily 43, etc...)

3° : The intermediate graph system for intermediate scale scenarios /Mods, like Falklands War, Middle East war,etc...

The graph system for Falklands War and other similar scenarios/Mods is that :

falklandsvr0.jpg

[ December 12, 2006, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: fantomas ]