From Arado's Ukraine Discussion

One of the topics in the main SC2 Forum I've found particularly interesting is the one begun by Arado, in which Germany doesn't stomp into the Ukraine killing everyone in sight, and running off with all the grain and cattle, adding to the locals misery, already accute from Stalin's parting scorched earth policy.

After several great posts by Blashy, SeaMonkey and Retributar I began seeing this as a separate scenario rather than something added to the existing game.

-- Let's say:

It's January of 1942 and almost the historical situation. The German armies west of Moscow and Leningrad are depleted and low on supply.

And the Ukraine is an independent Axis country consisting of Kiev and the other major cities in the region. The cities and resource centers are partially damaged and being repaired.

Each city has a Ukranian corps, with several others in likely partisan areas.

-- The building quay has two Ukranian armies to appear in the spring of 42, along with a Ukranian HQ. In total the country can produce an additonal army and one more corps but they aren't in production at start.

Just a thought.

Is it worth making?

It might be worth making, but in any event, it probably just about really happened anyway!, so as Wellinton once said after the Battle of Waterloo!, "It was a near run thing!".

Wellington's brow was full of sweat!, must have been!, as Napoleone under a little more favourable circumstances, could have easily won the Battle of Waterloo!...and Wellington very well knew it!.

Thanks Retributar. That's pretty much what I'm also thinking, though the great comparrison with Wellington at Waterloo didn't come to me, but I agree with what you're saying, a near run thing in both cases.

Putting this on the back burner, a little too similar to the Brest-Litovsk project, but possibly a good warmup scenario. smile.gif