Suggestion for future Editor patch

HC,

I had experimented with creating alternate clear land tiles for my Fortress America mod. I had wanted to create farmland and other terrain features that would still be "clear" territory, plus create some new water tiles, using the extra land and water tiles that are located in the tiles bitmap.

However, I found that the editor randomly assigns those tiles to the landforms, and moreover randomly re-assigns them each time the editor is saved. If it could just draw from one tile, it would allow us to create more land tile appearences.

Agreed,

I too would like to see additional clear land, water and impassible terrain tiles that could be modded and would not be randomly assigned to a location.

Example:

Impassible Tile 1: Current Depression Tile (Can be modded)

Impassible Tile 2: Black Tile (Could be modded)

Impassible Tile 3: Grey Tile (Could be modded to impassible mountains for example)

Clear Terrain Tile 1: Normal Green Tile

Clear Terrain Tile 2: Grasslands (could be modded)

Clear Terrain Tile 3: Steppe Grasslands (could be modded)

4 additional moddable tile choices - 2 impassible and 2 clear terrain variants would help alot.