Easier Editor Please

I was curious if you could program into the editor a way to edit scripts better. Like you select the tiles and go copy ( i mean a group of them like all of france) and past them somewere else. Or copy them and add them to a script instead of writing them in the editor.

Same with changing country flags?

lol yeah. I came across this alot with my world map. I am having an issue with building south american and china coast. They look horribl on map but fine in the close up. So i wish i could use others coast select and put them over.

I mean a main thing is of this game the editor so.. needs more lol.

Also when i started i had to scrap alot of scrippts that just didnt stay with my transfer of making it bigger. So have to go back and reput them in.

Originally posted by Mr.Dozer:

I was curious if you could program into the editor a way to edit scripts better. Like you select the tiles and go copy ( i mean a group of them like all of france) and past them somewere else. Or copy them and add them to a script instead of writing them in the editor.

Mr. Dozer, when you are editing the tile layer simply select all the tiles you want to list in a particular script, after you are in the 'Select Item(s)' mode this can be done by left clicking or left clicking and dragging over all the tiles you need, and then use File -> Export Map Positions or just hit F6. This will output all the map positions in a file called 'map_positions.txt' in your installation directory. Then you can cut and paste and rename as needed for the particular script.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Mr.Dozer , what your thinking, i was also thinking along those lines, except that im partial to having a 'Super-World-Map', where-from all of WW2 could be played from, or portions there-of that Map, or even just specific Campaign's played in only certain Map-Portion's of the World-Map!.

So the idea you mentioned of a "zoomed up map", to be then able to get into the 'nitty-gritty' of the subject, would then be possible and also possible as to playing out a Campaign in greater detail!.

Nice ideas. Something I have been wanting is the ability to allow satellite allies to build up tech levels. Maybe there could be a tech which is something along the line of "Export technology to Allied Minors". This would allow your minor allies to purchase upgrades (maybe one level below the parent country). This would mean countries like Canada and similar would have a tech level equal to (or close) to their parent allied, and make them better off than a solo minor country that has no tech available. Right now I just add some points to the base unit ability but this isn't truly accurate as then the parent country needs to catch up and/or pass these allies to be where they should be in the arms race.

Anyone else ponder this one?

yeah a ggame like sc/sc2 basics with some of the complicated stuff like europe in flames but not as boring personally. Were you move troops to different fronts. Like france is 3 areas and you move your units around and control stuff. Spend money on forts. Keep it simple is the main thing

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mr.Dozer:

Mr. Dozer, when you are editing the tile layer simply select all the tiles you want to list in a particular script, after you are in the 'Select Item(s)' mode this can be done by left clicking or left clicking and dragging over all the tiles you need, and then use File -> Export Map Positions or just hit F6. This will output all the map positions in a file called 'map_positions.txt' in your installation directory. Then you can cut and paste and rename as needed for the particular script.

Hope this helps,

Hubert </font>