Sea and Land Combination Squares

While exploring the options of the editor, I noticed that there are four Sea-Land combo terrain squares, I guess to represent straits. It seems you can not put anything from the resources layer on to those squares, unless there is a work around I am missing. If not, is there a plan to fix this? It would open upon some scenario design options.

I also noticed that if there is a supply convoy scripted to go through one of these straits, and an enemy unit occupies the strait, it does not block the convoy. Does this make sense? Perhaps a bug?

Thanks!

I kept at it, and nothing I have tried will allow anything to stick to these tiles, it also includes the terrain and river layers in addition to the resources layer.

Battlefront staff, anyway to correct this, including the blocking of convoys through these straits?

Thanks