Alternative Fall WeiB Scenario

Been working on this one for a little while now, it incorporates most of the stuff people have been harking for in the forum.

Changes:

- Full set of functional AI. Timskorn's Allied AI and my Axis AI.

- To give a defender some advantage, I have increased the adjacent enemy unit movement penalty from +1 to +2. It is now harder to skirt around/through enemy lines are will.

- Although the map size is the original size (140x36 or something like that), many of Honch's excellent map changes have been implemented.

- Artillery has now replaced rockets, and at lower tech levels represents massed fire support units. At higher tech levels it can represent this or rockets, or even rail guns. Strike range is 2 for lvl 0. Cost set at 250. At any rate, the bitmap and arty attack sound are cool enough to be worth it. smile.gif

- Naval combat VERY much re-worked. Navys are now no longer a mere land-bombardment force, battleships and cruisers at tech 0 start with land attack and strategic attack values of 1 for BB and 0 for CA, and land units have had their naval defense increased. If you want to do more than control your sea lanes, better start researching Gun Laying Radar. And to make that is a better option, the tech level limit for gun laying is now 3, and the costs of all ships has been reduced. Also, all attack values involved with subs and against subs have been reduced, as well as sub cost reduced to 200.

- Air power: most units get higher air defense values.

- Minors: All minor nation unit costs have been decreased by approx 25%, some modifications have been made to build limits. Most Minor HQs can be built without a soft limit. Small fleets added to most sea-adjacent nations (1-3 str cruisers) Crete goes to Brits when Greece falls and they get a unit there. Working on allowing some minor nation units to become Free-French-like units if they manage to escape, so Axis better not invade with minimal forces! Also looking at the Axis possibly getting bonus units with certain countries.

- Research: Some costs increased, max chits that can be put on a tech are 3 (Thanks to Blashy for that great idea). I think this might even make Intelligence more useful. Infantry weapons and anti-tank weapons now go to tech level 5, and Germans start with Infantry Weapons 2.

- An entire set of Swiss scripts added in. If either side gets the Swiss to 50% their alignment, they start getting Swiss financial aid in the form of a Swiss convoy w/ some oil fields I stuck up near Greenland (Dont try to conquer it, it's inaccessible). If Germany decides to take the Swiss by force, there is a chance that they may seize the overseas funds in time, or it may go to the British or Americans!

- Loved Honch's Balkans scripts so much I put them in. I think it makes the Balkans a more attractive target now.

- Turkey is now still an option for the Axis, but now a daunting one. Turks are now 0% Allied (Thanks Blashy), DoW on them has severe diplomatic consequences, they have fortifications set up with units entrenched, extra units w/ HQ, and they have partisan scripts.

- Random stuff: Railheads on, normalized MMP production (14 days).

This is a mere sampling of the changes made (I can't think of the rest off the top of my head). Anything you want to see in here, let me know by all means.

Ah yes also:

USA and Germany fortification build times reduced to 20 days. Germans get a free Engineer in Jan 1943. Start building that Seawall! Engineer cost now 250.

Also Britian gets more ships in production line, USA has much larger force pool.

Also working on Minor countries getting bonus units in fortifications as the war goes on and Axis units reach certain areas... They arent sitting their with their thumbs up there... err.. if Hitler goes on a Minor Rampage.

Very...Very Scaaarrrryyy!!!,...Heavy...Heavy Danger!!!,...will be on the look-out for your download!.

Glad to see that you have such a Drive to 'Create'... a MOD after analyzing/assessing the SC2 Forum comment's from the member's!.[i like it!]

Please let us know when your MOD is ready for download Normal Dude !,...and if you could, a link to where it is!.

• 2 weeks later...