Amphib Port Selection

Does anyone have a work around for the AI choosing to use a different port than specified in the script as a #FRIENDLY_POSITION. Even though I stage 5 units next to Bordeaux and specify Bordeaux as the first friendly location, the AI will load up units in Brussels...which the UK player can easily destroy without the pre-requisite "search". Hopefully the next AI patch will only load units at ports specified in script.

Hmm, so you're placing 5 units next to Bordeaux? Is this via the map editor, or scripting? If by scripting are you using Garrison to get them there, and making sure they are ungarrisoned to be used in the amphib script?

Also, the units that are loading up in Brussels, are they totally different units or the ones you put around Bordeaux (ie, they move to Brussels in order to debark). Can you post your script here too?

Timskorn,

Yes I do it with a (low probability of occurance) Type 0, Length 1 garrison script. I then use a Type 1 amphib script -- with activation keyed to the presence of the garrison units in specific tiles. The activation scripts works great...it recognizes the garrison event when it happens...but then it loads units at Brussels instead of Bordeaux. Or Keil as I have a duplicate script set. The idea is to have potential sealion event from both sides of London. Not at the same time of course, just to add uncertainty in the AI. Anyway, I have another thread here noting that I've placed a custom scenario on cmmod. If you guys are willing to download and look the the "England" section I would appreciate any guidance you could provide. I hope HC includes a hard flag option in future...its makes it easier for us amateurs smile.gif