Blashy's MOD, yep I gave it a go.

Finally fixed the victory scripts so both sides can achieve major and minor victories:

; Axis Major Victory

{

#NAME= Axis Major Victory (Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Frankfurt, Essen, Konigsberg, Venice, Torino)

#POPUP= AXIS MAJOR VICTORY, Axis signs peace treaty with the Allies.

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1945/08/31

; Axis control -> Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Frankfurt, Essen, Konigsberg, Venice, Torino

#MAP_POSITION= 84,16

#MAP_POSITION= 83,24

#MAP_POSITION= 95,15

#MAP_POSITION= 77,17

#MAP_POSITION= 76,16

#MAP_POSITION= 94,12

#MAP_POSITION= 82,21

#MAP_POSITION= 77,21

}

; Axis Minor Victory

{

#NAME= Axis Minor Victory (Berlin, Warsaw, Frankfurt, Essen, Konigsberg)

#POPUP= AXIS MINOR VICTORY, Germany successfully achieves armistice with the Allies.

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1945/08/31

; Axis control -> Berlin, Warsaw, Frankfurt, Essen, Konigsberg

#MAP_POSITION= 84,16

#MAP_POSITION= 95,15

#MAP_POSITION= 77,17

#MAP_POSITION= 76,16

#MAP_POSITION= 94,12

}

; Allied Major Victory

{

#NAME= Allied Major Victory (Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Paris, London, Moscow, Washington D.C.)

#POPUP= ALLIED MAJOR VICTORY

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 2

#DATE= 1939/09/03

; Allies control -> Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Paris, London, Moscow, Washington D.C.

#MAP_POSITION= 84,16

#MAP_POSITION= 83,24

#MAP_POSITION= 95,15

#MAP_POSITION= 68,19

#MAP_POSITION= 61,13

#MAP_POSITION= 112,10

#MAP_POSITION= 2,23

}

; Allied Minor Victory

{

#NAME= Allied Minor Victory (Rome, Warsaw, Paris, London, Moscow, Washington D.C.)

#POPUP= ALLIED Minor VICTORY

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 2

#DATE= 1945/08/31

; Allies control -> Rome, Warsaw, Paris, London, Moscow, Washington D.C.

#MAP_POSITION= 83,24

#MAP_POSITION= 95,15

#MAP_POSITION= 68,19

#MAP_POSITION= 61,13

#MAP_POSITION= 112,10

#MAP_POSITION= 2,23

}

read me entry #47 has been edited accordingly.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated victory scripts; It was virtually impossible for Axis with the previous settings.

; Axis Major Victory

{

#NAME= Axis Major Victory (Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Prague, Munich)

#POPUP= AXIS MAJOR VICTORY, Allies agree to peace treaty to end the bloodshed.

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1945/08/31

; Axis control -> Berlin, Prague, Munich, Warsaw, Rome

#MAP_POSITION= 84,16

#MAP_POSITION= 86,18

#MAP_POSITION= 81,18

#MAP_POSITION= 95,15

#MAP_POSITION= 83,24

}

; Axis Minor Victory

{

#NAME= Axis Minor Victory (Berlin, Warsaw, Prague, Munich)

#POPUP= AXIS MINOR VICTORY, Germany successfully achieves armistice with the Allies.

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1945/08/31

; Axis control -> Berlin, Prague, Munich, Warsaw

#MAP_POSITION= 84,16

#MAP_POSITION= 86,18

#MAP_POSITION= 81,18

#MAP_POSITION= 95,15

}

; Allied Major Victory

{

#NAME= Allied Major Victory (Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Paris, London, Moscow, Washington D.C.)

#POPUP= ALLIED MAJOR VICTORY, unconditional surrender from the Axis powers.

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 2

#DATE= 1939/09/03

; Allies control -> Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Paris, London, Moscow, Washington D.C.

#MAP_POSITION= 84,16

#MAP_POSITION= 83,24

#MAP_POSITION= 95,15

#MAP_POSITION= 68,19

#MAP_POSITION= 61,13

#MAP_POSITION= 112,10

#MAP_POSITION= 2,23

}

; Allied Minor Victory

{

#NAME= Allied Minor Victory (Rome, Warsaw, Paris, London, Moscow, Washington D.C.)

#POPUP= ALLIED Minor VICTORY

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 2

#DATE= 1945/08/31

; Allies control -> Rome, Warsaw, Paris, London, Moscow, Washington D.C.

#MAP_POSITION= 83,24

#MAP_POSITION= 95,15

#MAP_POSITION= 68,19

#MAP_POSITION= 61,13

#MAP_POSITION= 112,10

#MAP_POSITION= 2,23

}

Game 1 as Axis, I went with a vanilla strategy, playing it similar to history. The mod has played out well, with the only qualms I have have been with AI. Africa, I put the Albanian corps on Amphib assault duty to land and take out the fort at El Alamein, but to my surpise Alexandria was left open, so I landed there! I didnt go whole hog wild and load up Germans down there, and the AI eventually pushed me back, even though I was at the river line at Alexadria. I eventually abandoned Africa to see what the AI would do, and there were several problems at that point.

- British Air Corps fell in love with bombing the port of Ikilion and did so for 4 years.

- All Allied troops that entered Africa, stayed in Africa. that amounted to about 11 ground pounderd and 3 air.

- Something else I am forgetting, but will play again to update.

Good things: Russian AI much stronger. If I was more focused I could have taken USSR, but they played a good game. I had to back away from Stalingrad and the oil fields from concentrated Russian assaults on my flank

Oh, that was another thing, I was back at the Don River line, and Maikop stayed in Axis hands the rest of the game. Russia never moved back in Maikop.

Allies had good coordinated assualt in 1944. Amaerica lands in strength and Russia attacks heavily to keep me pinned down.

Some other things: I think USA didnt do Lend Lease after I sunk a few transports. Never got a single sub hit from 1943 on. After game was over, US had 3,500 MPP sitting in her pool, and USSR had 900. Oh, Allies left MPPs in technology that were maxxed out.

Blashy, interested in doing a PBEM game starting soon to see how it plays? I think I read you want some Axis oppenents for this game.

email: scook_99@msn.com

Originally posted by Blashy:

49- Ike US HQ now has a rating of 10.Might not have been ON the fiel, but the man coordinated the biggest armed forces of all time and the biggest amphibious landing of all time

"Coordinated the biggest armed forces of all time"? Yuu kiddin us? Forgot the russian front eh Blashy???

With that administraion motive hell any of the great combatants staff personel should be included with a 10 rating, why not Shaposhnikov a 10 rating then?

Anyway this rating is unrealistic and as you said Ike's field-skills were very much in doubt.

There is just not a single valid reason to give him higher value than Zhukov, Manstein, Rommel or any other of the great commanders that proved their skills in battle and commanded million of men at the time.

I think you should stick to close to what sc2 has rated him. I find it a bit hard with Ike a 10 if you still would call this a historical scenario.

Just some input.

Update:

49- Amphibious range for Germany and all minors reduced to 4(from 6) and UK, USA, Italy and France reduced by 1. USA starts at level 1 amphibious tech.

Also, I removed the rating of 10 of Ike. Since rating in SC2 affects combat specifically. If it had outside influences in a political / strategical nature then a 10 might have made sense. But not for what it does in SC2.

No, not unless Hubert ever does.

You see I`m simply trying to improve on the default campaign in terms of having it as historical as possible and tweak other issues.

I had a map once that had all of Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Finland but I would have to recreate it since it was no longer compatible wit recent versions. That would for another campaign. I also had Saudi Arabia in that map.

How are you going to reflect historically that the Soviet navy was locked into port by all the mines and sub activity? Unless you can prevent them from moving, I don't think they are worth adding to your mod.

What scale does SC2 use for naval units? While the Soviet navy did in fact have a few capital ships in their Red Banner Baltic fleet, they were mostly Lend-Lease ships from the US and UK. I'd defer to Kuni on the dates of arrival for the Soviet navy ships, but on the onset of Barbarossa, the Soviets were woefully prepared for any naval encounters.

From Wikipedia (Soviet Baltic Fleet):

The fleet played a limited role in the Winter War with Finland in 1939-1940, mostly through conducting artillery bombardments of Finnish costal fortifications. Its operations came to a close with the freezing of the Gulf of Finland during the exceptionally cold winter of that year.

In the beginning of the Great Patriotic War the Baltic Fleet had 2 battleships, 2 cruisers, 2 flotilla leaders, 19 destroyers, 48 MTBs, 65 submarines and other ships, and 656 aircraft. During the war the Fleet, commanded by the vice-admiral Vladimir Tributz, defended the Hanko Peninsula, Tallinn, several islands in Estonian SSR, participated in the break through breach of the Siege of Leningrad, etc. 137 sailors of the Baltic Fleet were awarded a title of the Hero of the Soviet Union. However, for most of the war the fleet was trapped by German minefields in Leningrad and nearby Kronstadt, the only bases left in Soviet hands on the Baltic coast. Many of the fleet sailors fought on land as infantry during the siege. Only submarines could risk the passage into the open sea to strike at German shipping. They were particularly successful towards the end of the war, sinking ships like Wilhelm Gustloff, Steuben and Goya, causing great loss of life.

For those of you that have not tried Blashy's mod yet, I highly recommend it. While keeping true to the original Fall Weis campaign, Blashy's historical mod makes enough tweaks that it more closely resembles WW2 Order Of Battle. Some of the "gamey" moves are more difficult to do. Those of you that have "mastered" playing the Axis in the original campaign... give it a go here. I think you'll find you're in for a much harder time - but not to the extent that it detracts from gameplay.

I'm trying to think about this.

I think the ships should definitly remains as it is historical.

The simplest way I can think of is to have all 4 at a low starting strength. This would give the soviet player the option to invest in rebuilding them, which would be the only way to simulate a massive program of mine removal or simply leave them weak and cannon fodder for Germany.

If you spend on ships, you're weak on land. If the soviets had wanted the mines removed, it would have cost them alot of resources, resources that would not have shown up on land.

That would be the best simulation I could do.

STR 3 for all 4 ships would be about 400mpps to rebuild.

Thoughts?

Oh and thanks for kudos everyone, I am trying to do this for you all. Hubert has something great here, gotta make the most of it!

Originally from Blashy!: Hubert has something great here, gotta make the most of it!
I totally agree!. This SC2 game he has designed hold's so much potential,...as to what can be done with it!. I am looking forward to more tool's for MOD-Designer's to even make it easier for them to create new MOD'S!.

The simplest way I can think of is to have all 4 at a low starting strength. This would give the soviet player the option to invest in rebuilding them, which would be the only way to simulate a massive program of mine removal or simply leave them weak and cannon fodder for Germany.
Your solution makes sense Blashy , i can't think of any way of getting around that quandry myself!, perhap's someone else will have a more effective idea?.

This is a great resource for Red Navy OOB statistics: LINK For a detailed encounter by encounter of the Soviet navy during WW2, this is one of the best resources Ive seen: LINK

I don't see any but to reduce the numbers, especially considering they were using 30 year old captital ships. As a suggestion, I would consider adding a Finnish naval presence (I don't have any stats for them). I would also consider changing the weather scripts near Leningrad ports to simulate the winter ice conditions that froze many ships in port, especially in winter 41 and 42.

They are 30 year old BBs but their firepower seems comparable to other BBs or am I wrong here?

Maybe their defenses were not as good? If that is the case then I would reduce it by 1 vs. naval and sub attack and by 2 vs. air and carrier attack.

Is this more inline to reality?

I just think the scale is wrong to include 4 warships for USSR in the Baltic. Corps/divisional level, no problem, it works. 1 BB and 1 CA do work best at this scale. Just have 1 ship for each, and give them a joint name.

Bah, was going to type a long thing about BB's but really no need. WW I era ships fully loaded with Stalin era seaman should have crappy attack and defense values.