Pacific War Campaign!!!!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Otto Kontrol:

qy panzer,

How did you make that Nationalist Chinese flag? :eek: I have been searching for information on how to create the type of textured flags featured in SC2. I even asked Hubert directly but he wasn't sure; he said an artist handled all of the work for the flags. Any information you could give would be most appreciated. Thank you.

well, just use the demo of Xenofex 2, it is a plugin of photoshop, and you first warp your flag to be the shape you want, then use the Xenofex to add Flag and Crumple effect:

you can download it at:

http://www.alienskin.com/downloads/getmail1.asp

However, only 30 days trail, so we'd better draw all flags we need in 30 days ;)

Originally posted by Fartknock3r:

Wow qy, im sorry, i forgot to tell you where which new country has to go. Well accually, the minors dont matter, but the majors do. China's supposed to go instead of germany and Japan has to go instead of France. Im sorry! :( Well thanks again!

Well, maybe we have to decide which countries should be include in this mod.

Because France has colony in Indo-China such as Vietnam and Cambodia. And they are govened by Vichy France later. So France flag may be kept:)

Well, my idea is that the campaign has several scenarios, such as 1937 (at that year, Japan starts to invade China), and 1941 pearl harbor. So in the 1937 scenario, Japan can choose to invade Indo-China early to enlarge its MPP.

Anyway, this is a suggestion. Considering developing time and game balance, we can make 1941 scenario which doesn't include France first, then modify it to be a 1937 one.

So I'll make the bmp as your idea first, if possible, we could make the 1937 scenario in the future.

Finished:

flag_sprites_mirrored.bmp

flag_sprites.bmp

military_flag_sprites.bmp

I've added Bogus Nationalist China(founded in 1940, a puppet of Japan, it occupies in East China, which is occupied by Japan earlier)and Manchuria, also a puppet of Japan founded in 1931)

In the second row of the third picture, the first is the flag of Bogus Nationalist China, and the third is the flag of Manchuria.

I think that maybe Mongolia should be included, if you need it, I'll add it later.

[ June 05, 2006, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: qy_panzer ]

Thanks qy_Panzer, and im sure everyone else thanks you for helping make this mod. Ill give you a special shout out! tongue.gif Well, that sounds interesting, maybe after this i'll release a 1937 mod, but w/out USA, Australia, and UK, China's doomed. So maybe i'd start it in october 39 so only USA is neutral te'll attacked, or when i script it to join December 8.

There is a big question? How to make unit sprites?They are too difficult to make.

Anyway, it would be strange to see Japanese and Chinese soldiers wearing European uniforms...

And, for Japanese, their planes, tanks, ships are just different from any other countries.

I think that maybe we can use sprites in other games, or we can find other way.

gq_panzer, what do you think of british asian colonie's cities? new sprites needed for them? or should they be middle eastern?

Well, maybe I have to look for some photos of them. Because I don't know what these cities looks like in those days.

I konw that for Singapore, it's westernized.

But for Burma, even the capital is still an acient Asia city.

Good work, but i need you to tell me which New countries flag replaced the old flag of the old countries, i need to know to put them in the localization.txt.

So lets say you replaced france with japan, just tell me u replaced france's flag with Japan's. If you do this for me ill appreciated it a lot, like everything else you did. smile.gif

Good work, but i need you to tell me which New countries flag replaced the old flag of the old countries, i need to know to put them in the localization.txt.

So lets say you replaced france with japan, just tell me u replaced france's flag with Japan's. If you do this for me ill appreciated it a lot, like everything else you did. smile.gif

Yes, I know this.

Do you mean that I shoulde modify the localization.txt for new countries? or Just I tell you where I've replaced new flags?

Well, excuse me, but what is ROC? smile.gif

I don't know whether these can help you? Or you need other information on the changing of flags?

All four flags I changed (except for China and Japan) are in the second row.

I've added Bogus Nationalist China(founded in 1940, a puppet of Japan, it occupies in East China, which is occupied by Japan earlier)and Manchuria, also a puppet of Japan founded in 1931)

In the second row of the third picture, the first is the flag of Bogus Nationalist China, and the third is the flag of Manchuria.

I know, but in the localization.txt. its not in rows, its in a list, and its hard to find out which country you replaced.

I know it. Let me find it later. I have no game in this computer.

And do you think we need to modify the units sprites bmp?

Fartknock3r

Can this be helpful?

I don't know whether I should change the #*** in localizations.txt. If you want to change that, you can change "#GERMANY= China" to "#CHINA= China"

The list has the same sequence as the sprites, just from row to row and left to right.

; Country IDs

#SEA= Sea

#UK= UK

#FRANCE= Japan

#USA= USA

#USSR= USSR

#GERMANY= China

#ITALY= Bogus Nationalist China

#NEUTRAL= Neutral

#ALBANIA= Manchuria

#ALGERIA= Austrilia

#AUSTRIA= New Zealand

Hey, this mod sounds like it's going to be really good. I am also working on my own PTO mod and would like to help out. I'm nearly finished the map (EW from burma to east coast USA, NS aleutians to mid-australia. If you need one, or part of it, you're welcome to it:

minimap.jpg

PS I used Russia for China as Italy was just too hard to distinguish from Grey. I was also thinking of using the bocage texture from D-Day for rice paddies, and it would be great if someone could make a more jungle-like forest texture...

[ June 08, 2006, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Ships but not the Ocean ]