A Question for Huber

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I haven't heard back from him, probably on holidays or just maybe trying to get away from all the original SC2 work ;) .

He does have an address but I will guess his preference would be to keep it private... I'll let you know if I ever hear any thing back for sure.

In the meantime, any luck with web searches wrt creating this effect in Adobe Photoshop or something similar?

Otto Kontrol, here is the response with my additions in brackets:

* create a large white/grey flag first by just drawing it in photoshop, i.e. no pictures or using a special program.

* then there is a photoshop tool which allows you to darken and lighten grey areas... (not sure which one but if you are familiar with photoshop it doesn't sound too difficult to do)

* flag is then reduced to the correct size and then you can make several layers of the grey flag in the basic colors (red, blue, yellow etc.).

* for every flag needed you can then use these basic layers (i.e. blue, red and white for the French flag etc.)

* finally with the erase tool you can make the bottom layers to be seen through the top layers, flattening sevrsal of them when needed.

* several complicated items like national coats of arms can then be taken from original flags, pasted and edited. They are so small, that doing it was very easy and the result comes out quite nice

Remember I am no artist but hopefully this technique helps,

Hubert