4-5 Important Editor suggestion - PLEASE READ

Hi, I have earlier posted about the lack of an "upgrade" feature to help the player decide the cost particulary for upgrades. Without it there is obvious problems for mod makers working on a divisional or corps sized scenario. For instance with all the cities and large areas to cover that I must have in my east front scenario upgrades are too cheap and can easily be bought fast by a player. In my game each player will have 52 turns per year and with 500+ MMP per turn the russian player can easily upgrade all of his 40-60 armies in no time. Well now someone may say hey what about increasing the cost of them? Well that would work if there were retreatrules, but since SC2 works like sc1 that you advance by completly destroying the opponent's units I MUST HAVE cheap prices for units. Otherwise soon the map will be too empty as players cant rebuy units so easily. On the other hand this means I face the dilemma of having all units getting motorized in no time which is not good either.

Anyway what I really wanted to talk about was to features eg scripts I really like to have implemented in a patch;

1. THIS IS A MUST HAVE: Make a script that gives a MMP sum to a player. This would be great to simulate off-map production and convoys. In my eastern front scenario I must include Archangel and Murmansk plus convoy lanes and an active US and UK side just to get Lend Lease. That feels so unnecessary and screws up my game. Would be thousand times better if this could be arrange via MMP-sums given to a player.

2. Make a script that makes a side recieve a certain research-level by a trigger or date and also have the possibility to block an increase in a research level until a certain date. This makes it possible to have a working research-model in longer wars with divisional/corps sized scale with many turns.

3. Make it possible to put units in the production queue that has higher research values than allowed at the current.

4. Hard build limits is good but I miss the oppurtunity to be able to increase and decrease the build limit by popups. Thisx would be so awesome and help me a lot.

For instance; In my eastern front scenario the russian player starts with 25-30 Mech corps(planned to have 1000 tanks each) but as the war progressed the russians abolished this model and went for just up to 10 tank armies instead. Now with the current limit model I cant simulate this and the russian player can continue to build like 30 tank units which was not historical during the war. The case is not wether the russian player can afford it or not but the case that is unhistorical and something I dont want.

I hope I get some responds to this so I know what to expect from the near future. I need to know so I can determine how I should continue work with my scenarios.

Nice suggestions Kuni. The more flexible the engine, the more options for creating great scenarios. The applications for 3 and 4 are pretty limited and may have diffulty reaching the top of the list, but 1 and 2 have lots of potential uses and would be great addtions to the game.

Hi Kuniworth,

I agree many of these suggestions would be nice, and I do like them, but I honestly can't say when if at all any of these suggestions would be implemented. FYI, my goal is to continue to add editing flexibility in some of the missing areas where there is in fact hard-coding, i.e. the upgrade %s, but often there are creative workarounds until further enhancements will be available.

For example you can adjust the unit costs as well as the resource values and you might get much closer to the numbers you are after.

Some additional ideas...

1. For the MPP sum to a player question, how about placing resources along the map edge (partial tiles) in the far east of Russia. These will allow MPP for the USSR but can never be captured by enemy units as no units can occupy these tiles. For example, this is already done in the main ET maps for the US.

3. For wanting units in the Production Queue with higher research levels you could use a set of UNIT scripts instead as these automatically come onto the map at the highest research levels available.

Moving this to the Mods Forum for future reference.

Fiddle and finagle Mondo Skando,

It's ALWAYS the very best way to learn. :cool:

Closely examine ALL the possiblities,

Go from there.

NOBODY else knows what you are up to,

Really,

So rely on yerself, as Emerson & Thoreau?

No doubt yer Russian Campaign

Will be great FUN, though,

Certainly will be PLENTY

Of... click-click-click clicking!!!

All around the many stepped town.

I would, personally, CUT WAY BACK

On so many units.

Well,

There you go,

JUST one old radical catholic's

Experienced opinion/perspective. ;)