Historical Flag Mod?

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Seanachai...if you're out there watching my back like the guardian angel you are...remind me never again to wander into this odd little place, full of vile newcomers...I thought it was JasonC; it even sounded like him.

Ruby slippers, please....

Cross-dressing again, Michael? Or were they part of the parade dress of GD, circa 1943?

Originally posted by Timskorn:

Found it odd that the historical Nazi flag has been used already via the logos (forum banner, icons and main screen). Can't see the whole thing though, but it's definitely not the Iron Cross we see in-game.

You shouldn't find it odd. We have used historically correct insignia in games before and will continue to do so as long as we stay within the laws as they apply to Battlefront. (Obviously the German version has all such symbols removed).

This is not out of some kind of Nazi worship, but because we're interested and educated in history. We do realize though that some people, even in countries where it's perfectly legal, might be offended by too prominent display of such symbols and feel that they might be glorifying, so we're always very sensitive about where and how we use such symbols (hence, for example, the partly covered swastiska on one game logo).

Our policy isn't going to change, so we might as well stop the discussion about it now.

Martin