World Map won't work

After playing around with it for a while, I've come to the conclusion that there is no way to make a SCALE full world map and still have a playable Europe.

Here's the problem:

The current map for the main scenario is 139 tiles wide. That's 54% of the total width of the biggest possible map. But the area it represents is only about 33% of the Earth's width.

When I build the Europe map at the scale required, its simply too small to have the European Campaign playable.

Italy is only 1 tile wide. Northern France looks like maybe 2-3 tiles. If you think about it, there really isn't much room for shrinkage as it is, Europe is pretty crowded.

I think the only way we can pull off a full war is to split the map into 2 theaters and use red arrows to get between them.

Originally posted by LampCord:

If you think about it, there really isn't much room for shrinkage as it is, Europe is pretty crowded.

Heh heh, he said shrinkage...

shrinkage.jpg

I guess you could <giggle> shrink some of the

areas which likely won't see much action (South

America, Central Russia, Outer Mongolia). I'd

like to see the map continuous from Iran to China,

which would allow the Afrika Corps to link up

with the Japanese...

Originally posted by pzgndr:

Won't work, eh?

346%3B3%3A5%3A2%7Ffp33%3B%3Enu%3D325%3B%3E275%3E34%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323375%3B4%3C443%3Cnu0mrj

;)

Dude, that rocks!

However, I never said you could't make a map of the world. In fact, I already have. The problem is, Europe is TINY. Unplayable, I think. Unless you wan't to have an Axis and Allies type game where entire countries are basically 1 hex.

Post the map so we can see. If you've pulled this off and people think Euroe is playable at this scale then it looks like we're set!

Why cant Hubert just increase the maximum number of squares? What is so hard about that, i mean if the AI has problems with that, than we just make such big maps for HvH.

Give us 1000*1000 Hubert and everybody can make what he wants!