New 3D materials for historical mods

Here you may download 3D icons, if you want to realize a civil war mod ( as operationnal or strategic level game)

http://www.fileshack.us/files/444/STRATEGIC%20COMMAND%202/Fanto_CW_3Dicons.rar

Here is a screenshot of icons :

screen9fk.jpg

These icons are not my work : I have extracted them of an old game : "civil war general II" (Sierra games), wich is no more edited and free downloadable on "the underdog" site.

They work perfect and you may use them very easily for creating a unit_sprites_military file for civil war mods with SC2.

Before use these icons, do not forget to send me 20 Us dollars by Pay pal :D:D:D

[ May 12, 2006, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: fantomas ]

Awesome! I absolutely love the American Civil War and have been tossing around in my head a strategic-level game for it. There hasn't been a good one in years, that I know of, simply because there isn't a big enough market for it. The last "operational" one I played was Sid Meier's Gettysburg! and Antietam! which were a blast.

Hello, I have sent you an e-mail ;)

Materials 3D files updates : added some others graph 3D for antic âge and Napoléonic âge

histicons3d2pd.jpg

These icons come from publicity for Rise of Nation, a RTS game. They have been reduced.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/riseofnations/militaryunits.asp

You have just to right-click on the images near text, after selecting each little tile, and to register "image" on your PC.

You may find other here, but you need extract yourself the images with "Paint" (note that files here are private work for private use)

http://ron.heavengames.com/gallery/album01

[ May 12, 2006, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: fantomas ]

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

Fzantomas last time I asked you about 3D-bitmaps you said you dont do that kind of stuff. Glad you changed your mind. Lets go for the panzer general 2 bitmaps!

No hope tongue.gif

1°/ They are in shp format, and you need to have shp edit (I have) AND a panzer general palette (.pal) file (I have not).

2°/ The icons PZG2 are, in my opinion, too little for the game.

3°/ I do not realize the work myself : I just give some materials to others. My own mods work with 2D icons.

Sorry ;)

DESERT : I wait your e-mail. ;)

I have discovered that SC2 may be played with a new system of scenarios : historical battles.

This system need to reduce the grap. icones 3D, and these material will allow to recreate historical battles for all times, at great scale (middle-Age, Napoleonic battles, antic battles,etc...) "with zoom view" :

batailles7mx.jpg

Spent 2 hours going noware. Used some cyberboard graphics but all I get is the XP "thud" error. Grrrr. How bout a small tutorial? The above graphics got me dreaming. I'll Try reading the manual again tonight but I seem to be missing something. :rolleyes: