1.0 Issues thread?

Caseck

Probably need a post-release thread somewheres around here! Please throw this in there when you get the chance. (Or if I'm stuipid and just missed it.)

Real issues:

Battlesight round (round in a main gun) automatically TURNS INTO the newly selected round when ammo selection is changed. Should have to reload when you do that.

Lasers should be measured by WATTAGE, not by Millemeters! (Or Kw or Mw as the case may be!) That's like measuring a gun shell by color.

If I have multiple dropships, why can't I make multiple simultaneous drops?

You lose all your dropships, game over...

Balance:?

AI ground turrets are pretty weak. I grouped 5 of them together and they couldn't take out an ATGM vehicle. Maybe TURRETS should have missiles. They're already vulnerable enough to arty!

Mines dropped by dropship? Maybe if they walked to their location... Why not dropped from orbit like the smoke/ecm/HE? Seems a bit silly to fly a ship down to drop dumb mines! US Army doesn't even do that with UH-60s anymore! Not when an arty-shell can do the same thing!

I'd love to see airbreathing Gunships hovering around, dodging behind terrain somewhere in the future! (Limited fuel supply, light construction... Missiles and cannon! Atmosphere and gravity limited...) But I'm biased.

Maybe there should be a differentiation between stuff that can be built on the ground (indigenous airbreathers) and the anti-matter powered orbital equipment...

And I miss my GEV with short-range fire and forget missiles!

Would love to see a high wattage PULSE LASER TANK. Hover or tracked. Yeah, a lot of recharge time, but I'm not a big beamer fan.

Bug-wise, I have encountered NONE so far. I have yet to have a crash, so you have put out one rock solid game. Can't wait to see it grow!

Something I thought of there that I'd like to see would be, when dropping a new vehicle, to have the view follow the dropship down rather than being a free-roaming incorporeal viewpoint on the ground. I think it'd give a more... dropteamy feel to things, as you watch yourself being inserted from orbit, and can see the battles raging on the ground getting closer and closer. When the vehicle gets released the viewpoint would switch over to it the same way as it already does. Maybe it could be an option to choose the dropship view or the free-roaming one.

We're on an express elevator to Hell... GOIN' DOWN!

• 3 weeks later...

Coming soon, Wishkah. smile.gif

Good points, Caseck. In particular, indigineous air units were originally part of the Hopewell single player campaign but were dropped due to time constraints. We hope to get back to them after infantry and other important updates are done. A greater variety of types of turrets is on that list, too.

• 2 weeks later...

More a bug to do with the updating process than 1.0 per se.

I ran 0.9.93 and it prompted me for an update and I clicked Yes. It downloaded about 400 files, it seemed like 1.0 was being downloaded. When I quit and restarted I got a Windows error message with the message that it couldn't fine elicen40.dll.

I noticed elicen40.dll was in the DropTeams's directory and when I copied it to the bin subdirectory I got a nice little prompt with a spiel and a box for the licence key etc. So it would be wise for the Update to place the dll in the bin subdirectory so it works.

Due to the potential addictive nature of DropTeam and work commitments/life, I think I'll be waiting until Combat Mission Campaigns is pretty much done before I start playing DropTeam v1.0.0 smile.gif