Server authentication down?

Watson & Crick

Same here.. I wanted to do some "homework" with the game, but have been getting a frozen DropTeam all night.

By the way, isn't there a more graceful way of handling this? Like, reporting an error to the user? I had to kill the process either with the "kill -9" command from console or with CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE.

Ummm, it may have to do with how it failed. Account authentication appear to be programmed to use TCP. The network trace of the last failure shows the server ignore/drop the client side package and both sides ended up in TCP resend/timeout mode,i.e. looks the problem was more with the server OS in general rather then the Account program itself. If the account server outright crashed then the client would probably have just returned an invalid account message rather then "hanging".

I had an authentication login problem on the 15th and couldn't get in, it was however cleared up the next day - no problems. Today I logged on, the game loads and then the video goes black. I can hear what going on in the game but have no view and never get to view the battle scene. I assume this too will pass. This occured twice even after I changed my video resolution. I will continue to try other work-arounds.

On a lighter note, how much is the pre-order? Despite teething problems I really like it. It's a great game. I have found few issues to pick with the game's play balance (physics model, lethality, armor, ease of use, techniques of engagement, etc.) Some things I just need to work with more. :cool:

It has been three days since I reported the inability to run DropTeam due to the video cutting out after the game loads (my screen goes black although the audio seems fine). Has no one else experienced this? I've reloaded, updated, varied the screen resolution and still cannot seem to effect a solution on my end. What's up? Any suggestions?

Have you changed any settings besides the resolution? For example, had you recently enabled HDR or shadows or anything else that was previously off when it was still working? Just be doubly sure, you can delete the file DropTeamSettings.dat from your home directory (under documents and settings if you're on Windows) to go back to defaults for all settings. Be sure to remember your username and password before doing this, though.

If it still happens even on default settings, then please email me your DropTeam.log and I'll see if the problem is indicated in there.

We haven't yet heard from anyone else that they're also having this problem. If anyone is, please chime in and maybe we can start to look at what you have in common with Over.

Sorry for the delayed response. Evidently the problem stemmed from one of the graphic options. I saw some post talking about the appearance of the grass - got curious (and not sure what I tweeked). I recently turned almost all the options off, completely fixing the problem. Now all I have to do is incrementally turn them back on. I have an ATI Radeon Ie R250 9000 graphic card which perhaps is over-rated. Thanks for the prompt reply. I guess I have more testing to do now... :rolleyes: